Florence

There were lots of options McMaster could make for this all work better. We will have an option to judge his actions when he runs for re election. When an employee screwed up and cost me $$$$ and said he “did his best” I fired him on the spot. If his best hurt my income , I didn’t need him. Our elected officials should always be questioned, and their actions examined

The issue that really needs resolution in this whole thing is the media sensationalizing the weather. I heard so much BS and stretches, and spin from the “weather readers” . It has gotten so its all about ratings.

You are very correct about the poor being pushed away. Daniel Island and the Cainhoy are prime examples

Man guys just imagine if it made a quick turn there at the end? We would have been totally screwed. Not upset about the evacuation

I feel for all those people in NC right now

“mr keys”

quote:
Originally posted by fishboy

I understand that you must err on the side of caution. It’s not really the governors fault I get it that it takes time to evacuate disabled people, the elderly, etc. But Monday is waaaayyyyy to soon to be telling abled bodied people they need to evacuate and wipe out the grocery store shelves and clean out the gas pumps for a storm that may or may not hit us on Saturday. What they don’t realize is people like me who are self-employed, and my employees don’t get paid if we don’t work… Monday was too soon to shut down the city and schools.

Originally it was forecasted to make landfall on Thursday. Secondly, if the storm was coming at Charleston, the roads would be so clogged up, it could take days to evacuate everyone. Evac orders SHOULD be made 4-5 days before landfall if possible. You want the roads clear well before landfall.
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

I understand that you must err on the side of caution. It’s not really the governors fault I get it that it takes time to evacuate disabled people, the elderly, etc. But Monday is waaaayyyyy to soon to be telling abled bodied people they need to evacuate and wipe out the grocery store shelves and clean out the gas pumps for a storm that may or may not hit us on Saturday. What they don’t realize is people like me who are self-employed, and my employees don’t get paid if we don’t work… Monday was too soon to shut down the city and schools.

Originally it was forecasted to make landfall on Thursday. Secondly, if the storm was coming at Charleston, the roads would be so clogged up, it could take days to evacuate everyone. Evac orders SHOULD be made 4-5 days before landfall if possible. You want the roads clear well before landfall.

yep

Haters gonna hate, plain and simple.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Wait for it

https://www.facebook.com/mikesweatherpage/videos/222762225263732/

Hey fisboy. It must be comforting to know you’ll never be wrong again as long as you continue questioning things AFTER they happen. I’m sure that’s a little more reliable than your last weather prediction, huh? You’ve obviously never had the responsibility of protecting the lives of others. At least, for their sake, I hope you haven’t.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

By no means am I a McMaster fan and I realize there is some egg on his face however I would say he did the correct thing. IF this thing had turned South, which is easily could have, and stayed a Cat 4 it would have been a disaster and many lives lost

End of day they were just looking out at what they thought was best for all

I will say it could hurt him in the election but not my (**() problem

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI
2008 Corvette 3LT

Can’t wait to see him make all the kids make up these school days for his screw up.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I’m pissed that my plant shut down at 2pm yesterday (the time my shift starts) just for a little rain & wind.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Can’t wait to see him make all the kids make up these school days for his screw up.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Luckily, my son’s school was open all week and didn’t close until yesterday. Granted, it’s a little less of a logistic nightmare to close a school than it is to evacuate part of a state.

As others have said, “(()ed if you do, (()ed if you don’t.”

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

He’ll forgive/waive the make up days for this event before the election to garner votes…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

McMaster has a different signer. she’s awful. bring back Jason hurdich

Apparently, your request has fallen on deaf ears…

RBF

Hey bang stick- why the hate? I have a wife and two small kids that I am responsible for each and every day. I think I do a pretty good job with that responsibility each and everyday. I’m not criticizing after the fact- I was criticizing Tuesday when at that time we knew the storm was headed to NC and was pretty perplexed why a mandatory evacuation was issued on Monday for Charleston county.

Each school district has the authority to remain autonomous and remain open or closed as they wish. They do not have to relinquish that authority to the governor. I have listened in to every county conference call and early on, some counties chose to retain that authority and kept their schools open.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:

Hey bang stick- why the hate? I have a wife and two small kids that I am responsible for each and every day. I think I do a pretty good job with that responsibility each and everyday. I’m not criticizing after the fact- I was criticizing Tuesday when at that time we knew the storm was headed to NC and was pretty perplexed why a mandatory evacuation was issued on Monday for Charleston county.

You tell me, fishboy. Why all the hate? You’re responsible for the folks under your roof. Well, the governor of a state has a much larger roof and a lot more people to be responsible for. Logistically, the two comparisons aren’t a comparison at all.

I have no doubt you would’ve been one of the many quick to “criticize” if the storm had taken a different path and the evacuation hadn’t happened as fast as you would like. Like I said, it’s easy to criticize the decision of others when you’re not tasked with the same responsibilities.

Sadly, it’s a no win situation, from a PR standpoint. Don’t make the call soon enough or make the call too soon and the armchair meteorologists and armchair heads of state come out of the wood work. Either way, there would’ve been a negative impact on the state. That said, I’ll take a loss of revenue over a loss of life.

As far as my weather prediction comment, I’m pretty sure you earned whatever “hate” you receive(d) for that.

Isn’t Fishboy the one that downplayed the last flood we had here?

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

There were lots of options McMaster could make for this all work better. We will have an option to judge his actions when he runs for re election. When an employee screwed up and cost me $$$$ and said he “did his best” I fired him on the spot. If his best hurt my income , I didn’t need him. Our elected officials should always be questioned, and their actions examined

The issue that really needs resolution in this whole thing is the media sensationalizing the weather. I heard so much BS and stretches, and spin from the “weather readers” . It has gotten so its all about ratings.

You are very correct about the poor being pushed away. Daniel Island and the Cainhoy are prime examples

So, you are going to vote for the Democrat? Yes or no. Period. And I want an answer.

Fishboy, how is your dog?

Dude no one “knew” it was going to NC on Tuesday. Many models had the storm making a direct hit at myrtle beach as late as Wednesday

I know it sucks to miss work and income (my wife did). I’m just glad the storm was not bad here and my property was not destroyed.

That storm was a legit threat to lives here I don’t care what anyone else says. Let’s just be glad it didn’t pan out and move on

“mr keys”