Honey

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

CRM, who would open up a jar or whatever it was in, in the pyramid and have the stones to taste it?[:0]

Geraldo Rivera :stuck_out_tongue:

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

It never goes bad. Keep in in the pantry or cabinet and not in the fridge. Fridge won’t hurt it, just makes it crystalize and harder to handle.

Bee City is over an hour away, can that be considered “Local” honey?

slowpoke, I want it to try and curb allergies as it does seem to work for some. It just needs to be local enough to have some of the same species of vegetation (pollen) that the honey is made out of, so Cottageville would be local enough I think. I know Boone Hall sells local honey and bee pollen, which is supposed to be better for the allergies than the honey. Not sure if it is made on their grounds or not though. I will probably give that a try too.

RWL , I will check with my sources and see when their next batch wiill be ready. The stuff makes great PB&Honey sandwiches

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

quote:
There are certain members of this site that are protected like an endangered species. Other people can be berated and harassed at will with no recourse. It's kinda like pick your days!

Some people seem to be natural magnets for such behavior.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

What’s going on here?

I clearly blocked skinnie way back in the day.

I think I gave away about forty jars last season. Looks like a good year for local honey.

I know of about 19 local hives.

Correction…20… I had a swarm leave one of my hives two days ago. Gone to the wild I hope.

big dog

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

There are certain members of this site that are protected like an endangered species. Other people can be berated and harassed at will with no recourse. It’s kinda like pick your days!

Now I’m intrigued, do tell Fritz.

I was going to do three in a row, but you harassed me about that so I just edited this reply… So what do you consider being harassed or brerated so I won’t do it.

And back on topic, Bee City is a cool place, but I believe the restaurant is closed?? Several years ago they had some awesome local fried shrimp! Used to be some great deals on some nice Koi.

quote:

The stuff makes great PB&Honey sandwiches

I had a couple of stoner friends that just loved PB & Honey samwiches. If they had them bananas were added.

Our football coach had us eat them before bed

quote:
Originally posted by Wando Grill

What’s going on here?

I clearly blocked skinnie way back in the day.

I think I gave away about forty jars last season. Looks like a good year for local honey.

Correction…20… I had a swarm leave one of my hives two days ago. Gone to the wild I hope.

big dog

You wouldn't deny yourself the pleasure of reading my posts...

That being said, my neighbor has a few hives… Honey was legit.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

There are certain members of this site that are protected like an endangered species. Other people can be berated and harassed at will with no recourse. It’s kinda like pick your days!

Then, there are certain members who get banned because all the do is look for trouble and NEVER contribute....

here it comes…

wait for it…

a FISHING REPORT!!!

I posted one of those a week ago. Your contributions to this thread are amazing. "Honey never expires" "my neighbor has some hives".

Fritz, those do look authentic.

Wando, You going to be giving any away this year or will you or any of those 19 bee keepers willing to sell some?

quote:

hope your bees are free range, and not fenced in like Bolbie’s bees…

ooh, and PB & honey sammich does sound good…sister gave us some from a place up in TR, above Greenville for Christmas…good stuff…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
quote:
quote:

Then, there are certain members who get banned because all the do is look for trouble and NEVER contribute....

here it comes…

wait for it…

a FISHING REPORT!!!

I posted one of those a week ago. Your contributions to this thread are amazing. "Honey never expires" "my neighbor has some hives".

And you aren't banned. Obviously you did not understand who I was referring to.

You wouldn’t deny yourself the pleasure of reading my posts*

I find your fictional rants somewhat childish.

big dog

quote:

big dog

I don't write many fictional rants. But good for you. I have enough friends anyway! Block me again. I don't need you.

Oh snap!

Where’s Raddaddy?! I smell a fish off coming!!!

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
quote:

big dog

I don't write many fictional rants. But good for you. I have enough friends anyway! Block me again. I don't need you.

Many? You investment advice…oh never mind.

RWL,

Let you know when we harvest. Mid summer

big dog

quote:

Many? You investment advice…oh never mind.

RWL,

Let you know when we harvest. Mid summer

big dog

I speak about the topic of investment because it genuinely interests me as a topic of discussion, but I don't give advice. Also please point out where what I have said is fictional. Just because you don't agree with what I am saying doesn't mean it's fictional. I don't speak in fiction unless it's in jest. If anything, I am brutally honest with people, not fictional.

That being said, if you don’t mind, please send me a list of topics that I am not allowed to post on and I will at least take a look at it.