Infant Day Care Suggestions?

everybody is judged in life on everything we do- DFreedom is judging me by saying that I am judging others.

Sometimes people need an alternative view point to make good choices.

quote:
everybody is judged in life on everything we do- DFreedom is judging me by saying that I am judging others.

REALLY? How old are you?

This, is a judgemental statement:

quote:
No matter how you try to justify it putting your child in day care during their formative years is pure selfishness on the parents part.

Pointing out that someone is being judgemental is factual, NOT judging but you go ahead and live in your little fantasy world. You make assumptions about people that put their kids in daycare and act as though anyone that does is a lesser parent. That not only makes you judgemental, it makes you narrow-minded. What works best for your family isn’t necessarily what is best for every family and doesn’t make you parent of the year.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I never said I wasn’t judging- I just pointed out the fact that you are too. How old are you? Now I am narrow minded?

Were your fondest memories of child hood waving bye-bye to Mommy and Daddy as they drove off and left you daily.

You will not win this. Everyone know deep down in their heart that I am right.

Now run along and get all liberal- find some liberal slanted studies that show how great infant day care is for the kids and come back and post them.

MAGA

DF’s a liberal? That’s rich

Hilton Head - unofficial shark bite capital of the world.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

DF’s a liberal? That’s rich

Liberal Enforcement Officer…

RBF

Only one way to settle this topic… Need a couple folks from here with 5-6 year olds just before 1st grade: one that had Mom stay at home, the other from child daycare.

Set up a makeshift ring at the oyster roast next year and sponsor a full on ladder match…

And before he tries… 23 SF can’t bring some fake ID stating he is 5-6 either…

RBF

I think we have a couple of those kinds who’s wives breasfed the kids until they got their premanent teeth.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I’m still waiting for Fred to tell me how dockman wasn’t “judging” anyone. Heck, he continues to judge.

It’s okay about the loss Pea, looks like it’s going to be a character building season.

Thought you were talking about me, we all judge everyone to some degree in most all aspects of life. Weather we admit it or not. I saw it as a statement of fact rather than a judgement anyway.

Hard to argue this one.

“Why Bruce?”

Weather

Whether

quote:

Gee, I didn’t realize this was a contest. I questioned your age because you are acting like a juvenile. “You will not win this” Win what? Because your kids stayed home and that worked for you is great. Hundreds of thousands of kids go to daycare every day and they turn out just fine, not scarred by memories of mommy and daddy waving goodbye. Man, a little mellow dramatic aren’t we?

quote:
Everyone know deep down in their heart that I am right.

Really? “Everyone know deep” (sic). EVERYONE? Everyone at your house, your church, place of employment? Man, you think highly of your self now don’t you.

As for me getting all “liberal”, you must be new here or have poor reading comprehension because the only thing liberal about me are the drinks I pour. Maybe one day my kids will come to me and tell me how messed up their lives are because they went to (GASP) daycare but, for now I like how my Honor Roll students who both lettered in varsity sports have never been in any sort of trouble got big college scholarships are respectful to everyone and are healthy, happy and well adjusted. Oh and one is just about an Eagle scout. Yep, daycare sure screwed them up.

As for judging you, yep, I did. I judged you as a narrow-minded, judgemental person and I’ll stand by that. In general, you make some absurd and purely judgemental statements. Peace out buddy.

Liberal pour

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:

Gee, I didn’t realize this was a contest. I questioned your age because you are acting like a juvenile. “You will not win this” Win what? Because your kids stayed home and that worked for you is great. Hundreds of thousands of kids go to daycare every day and they turn out just fine, not scarred by memories of mommy and daddy waving goodbye. Man, a little mellow dramatic aren’t we?

quote:
Everyone know deep down in their heart that I am right.

Really? “Everyone know deep” (sic). EVERYONE? Everyone at your house, your church, place of employment? Man, you think highly of your self now don’t you.

As for me getting all “liberal”, you must be new here or have poor reading comprehension because the only thing liberal about me are the drinks I pour. Maybe one day my kids will come to me and tell me how messed up their lives are because they went to (GASP) daycare but, for now I like how my Honor Roll students who both lettered in varsity sports have never been in any sort of trouble got big college scholarships are respectful to everyone and are healthy, happy and well adjusted. Oh and one is just about an Eagle scout. Yep, daycare sure screwed them up.

As for judging you, yep, I did. I judged you as a narrow-minded, judgemental person and I’ll stand by that. In general, you make some absurd and purely judgemental statements. Peace out buddy.

"Apathy is the

He’s mad- I won the internet fight! LOL

it’s like having a discussion with Lee. No- I am not new here, just had a name change a while back.

Obviously DF and his family have done a great job raising their kids- congrats and I wish all kids were as fortunate as yours.

Some of you should get over yourselves…

Arrogance abounds.

DD, as to original post, good luck with your choice. Our son stayed at a daycare at times and is now 23. No ill effects. Both of us worked and couldn’t take time off as some have mentioned.

EDIT; the daycare was a personal friend that took care of several children.

On a side note; Got a male coworker that has been the beneficiary of the male getting 2 weeks off for paternal leave after wife had baby. With hurricane trouble the dude didn’t even call in to ask if he could assist. Guess his uterus was hurting.

Young entitled kind of fella.

Good luck.

NN

Daycare has many benefits:

Herd Immunity

Social Skills

Back when we were tribal peeps, somebody got stuck watching the tribes kids while the rest of the folk went about hunting and gathering.

My opinion only.

Go observe the place you are willing to leave your child. They had a one way mirror at my kids place…better than the NFL.

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

Daycare has many benefits:

Herd Immunity

Social Skills

They’ll get that in the school system.

Back when we were tribal peeps, somebody got stuck watching the tribes kids while the rest of the folk went about hunting and gathering.

All the tribal’s raising each other’s kids were family. I could go along with that. We’ve come a long ways from tribal raising. Back then it was the men that did the hunting and if the women went gathering they took the kids with them.

“Why Bruce?”

quote:
You are a man of the law, I would believe that you would agree that many young children would benefit from more time spent with them from a parent and strong discipline instilled at a young impressionable age.

I agree Fred, there are some kids that would benefit from more time spent with their parents but, it is about quality time, not necessarily quantity time and to blame daycare for kids getting into trouble is a major stretch. I know many kids who never went to daycare that turned out like crap. Maybe coddled too much and told everyday how special they were?

quote:
He's mad- I won the internet fight! LOL

Not mad at all, just amazed that someone that I assume is an adult can act so immature. Yep, you won, send me your address so I can send you the trophy you seem to need so very much. I’m thinking you “won” a lot as a kid, even when you really didn’t.

I’m done, enjoy your “victory”.

I live in West Ashley but my kids go to daycare on James Island. Daycare is why I am broke.

I stayed on topic… because of PeePod.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I live in West Ashley but my kids go to daycare on James Island. Daycare is why I am broke.

Get an Au pair, and you’ll never regret it…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Get an Au pair, and you’ll never regret it…

RBF

Ha, you must have heard through the grapevine...