Irma is not coming stop freaking out

quote:
Originally posted by Island Boy
quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

I live 3 hours from the coast and haven’t had power since 12:30pm on Monday. It’s not fun anymore! I finally opened the freezer this morning, and I am thawing out a brisket, 3 chickens, a leg of lamb, a turkey breast, and several links of sausage. We are going to feed about 30 utility workers at the church tomorrow for lunch. (I’m wondering if they will even touch the lamb.)

Don’t sell a profession short… You maybe surprised!

Man, they chowed down on the lamb and everything else too. We have a very good fried chicken place here in Milledgeville (called Shrimp Boat of all things), so we decided to get 40 pieces of fried chicken to go with everything else. After they all left, I think there were about 3 pieces of fried chicken and about 6 pieces of BBQ chicken left. For an event that was only conceived about 28 hours before they showed up, it went remarkably smooth.

p.s. My power was restored Wednesday evening. Was without electricity about 2.5 days, so not too bad.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

Your darn right it’s closed! I’ve started receiving my mail at DF’s garage! He can’t get me out now! I’ve established Legal Residency, so DF and I are joined at the hip! I’ve started calling him Dad! Hey Pee, you want to come over and drink some of Dads beer?

Yeah but I can only stay a month

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

Cue the sound of gun shots.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Still no Fishboy…

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I’m sure he is studying all of the models so he can make an accurate prediction. It ain’t easy being a hurricane expert.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I’m sure he is studying all of the models so he can make an accurate prediction. It ain’t easy being a hurricane expert.

Axe Bonzo.

I think we need to make this thread a sticky until his return.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy
quote:

Axe Bonzo.

Ima stay quiet for a while…oh, and I have another generator that needs some TLC…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
oh, and I have another generator that needs some TLC...

Glad you said that, mine is at my small engine guy right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
quote:

Axe Bonzo.

Ima stay quiet for a while…oh, and I have another generator that needs some TLC…

I’m gonna need some more cat litter buckets.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
quote:

Axe Bonzo.

I’m gonna need some more cat litter buckets.

one thing my cat does not stop doing…pooping…

why can’t you two keep a generator running? seems odd

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

DF, needs to get that generator fixed! If we lose power I want AC and my new Flat Screen working in the garage! DF, you can’t keep me out of the main house anymore! Karen, gave me a key[:0]

Okay, just to allay any fears and to steal fishboy’s thunder, I sat in on a conference call with the SC Emergency Management folks yesterday. They discussed 2 possible models for Maria. 1. It would continue moving away from the coast and at worst, brush the coast with a little wind and wave action. 2. It would turn and have a significant impact on our coast. The first model had a 98% probability, the second 2%. SO, I’ll let you draw your own conclusions.

What does this REALLY mean? No Peapod and Easy in my garage.

It means that Easy is staying until the season is over + 2 weeks, or until you run out of beer! The 2 extra weeks are safty net, because you know how these CFC w Weather Men are, WRONG! Oh,we are running low on beer,so please stop and pick somemore up, on they way home from work:wink:

Ok I don’t really know what y’all are talking about it. I live on Johns island there is not acteee down anywhere. I stayed in my living room, watched the whole thing and don’t think we ever got a gust over 40 mph. You can get that kind of wind after a strong cold front in January. Let’s be honest with ourselves. The storm never hit anywhere near Charleston, never got a gust of wind over 40 mph, no widespread damage, nothing. We did not get catagory 5 hurricane conditions. Nope this was not even close to what Matthew was last year. So I don’t know why everyone thinks I am a dog running away with my tail between my legs? I called it and I was right. Storm hit west Florida and went up through Georgia. Did we have some flooding? Yes. Downtown floods every time it rains. Big deal. Nothing worse than a severe thunderstorm in July

I left this thread because the storm is over and nothing happened. Sure a few tree limbs came down and it rained. Whoop de dooo. I own a landscaping company and not a single one of our customers had a tree down. Last year after Matthew I was cutting up trees and cleaning up till Christmas. 4 days before the storm hit Florida I made this post and at that time the news was saying it was going to be a direct hit on South Carolina. I knew better than that. Did we get some weak tropical storm conditions? Yes. But come in people they were saying this was going to be another Hugo. Not even close. I was a kid here during Hugo and we went 29 days with no power and could drive down the street for two weeks till all the trees and power lines were removed. Sure there was some flooding but nothing catastrophic. Our conditions here were nothing comparable to key west and southwest Florida. Give me a break people

Oh and for all the people upset about the folly boat floating away: I lived on james island for 25 years and never put a single coat of paint on it so it being gone really doesn’t hurt my feelings a bit.

You mad bro?

Hilton Head - unofficial shark bite capital of the world.