Justified, or Petty?

Easy, show me that this price advantage was used and you got me!

I don’t have to show you! That he didn’t pay for a license, like other guides gave him the advantage to be able to undercut them! That he did or not, isn’t the question! He was competing with them and had less of a financial burden!

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

While that is an excellent thesis, I guess you don’t understand that he has his license now, hasn’t changed his prices now that he has a license, and is still taking charters. Thus, what you are saying has proven to be false in this instance.

You must know this dude. ok now he has his license, but only because he got caught. :face_with_head_bandage: Of course he can’t change his prices… should actually be cheaper now to have to get business. If I was a local and he was in my “back yard” I’d be telling everyone just what a tool this guy must be. Come on… …

Funny but maybe I just have a new perspective on Fritz. ? I do admit that he was right on stone ground grits. :smiley:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I didn’t realize people booked charters based on price alone. Maybe Fritz can do a price match guarantee like Best Buy…

Ironically, this same group of people was involved in a discussion about a month ago on how much guides should charge, and don’t remember a discussion about permit prices driving their business model.

Fred, I have to believe that Fritz, plays by the rules in his business dealings, or he would have been caught by now! I can understand where he’s coming from!

Just for the record, I actually like Fritz and would offer the same defense for him if that was the case.

How do you feel about a guide who gets invited to fish on your boat and when you take him to your primo grouper hole, he brings his handheld GPS? Stealing or not? Ethical or not?

quote:

How do you feel about a guide who gets invited to fish on your boat and when you take him to your primo grouper hole, he brings his handheld GPS? Stealing or not? Ethical or not?

Does said “guide” have all the proper licensing?

:stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.marshtackycarbon.com

Luke 8:22-25

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

How about this scenario,
One guide has to charge $400 for a trip due to all the licenses he purchases
Another guide is able to charge $325 for a trip because he doesn’t buy the license.

That's an interesting scenario. Is that what ACTUALLY happened, or is that a straw man argument?

I think he charges $400. What do you charge?

Also, why don’t you guys put your rates up on your website? Is there some hidden yankee tax that you add on for those with an accent?

Ohio area codes don't even get answered.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:

was the GPS brought along to steal numbers or to ensure he made it home safely since he had never been out with that crew? Having a ditch bag is highly recommended when going offshore? Also did you ever see them in that location after you took them out?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej Is there some hidden yankee tax that you add on for those with an accent?

I would support any local businesses that openly added a “yankee tax” to their price structure. Know that.

quote:
quote:

was the GPS brought along to steal numbers or to ensure he made it home safely since he had never been out with that crew? Having a ditch bag is highly recommended when going offshore? Also did you ever see them in that location after you took them out?

Well, the only thing in his "ditch bag" was a hand held GPS and he only seemed to be concerned for his "safety" when we were directly over a grouper fishing spot.

Fine is justified, thread is petty.

I think we have it covered.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, the only thing in his "ditch bag" was a hand held GPS and he only seemed to be concerned for his "safety" when we were directly over a grouper fishing spot.
Is that why his electric filet knife was never returned?

quote:

Is that why his electric filet knife was never returned?

Seems that you are getting stories confused. There isn't a person on CF.com who can witness to me ever using an electric fillet knife.

Seems like a fair trade to me! Grouper come and go, but an electric filet knife is forever:question::wink: If it was a good one:smiley::wink:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Seems like a fair trade to me! Grouper come and go, but an electric filet knife is forever:question::wink: If it was a good one:smiley::wink:

There was no knife in the "trade"... There was only a captain and his handheld GPS...
quote:
Originally posted by mhebbard

Fine is justified, thread is petty.

I think we have it covered.

Bingo.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Easy

There was no knife in the "trade"... There was only a captain and his handheld GPS...
You should have shot holes in his boat everytime you saw him there.

quote:

Just for the record, I actually like Fritz and would offer the same defense for him if that was the case.

Since you like Fritz and he did something illegal, you’d defend him? Even though he was in the wrong? come on skinny, even you have to admit defeat once in a while.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”