Justified, or Petty?

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Just for the record, I actually like Fritz and would offer the same defense for him if that was the case.

Since you like Fritz and he did something illegal, you’d defend him? Even though he was in the wrong? come on skinny, even you have to admit defeat once in a while.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Have you read ANYTHING that I have written during this discussion? I clearly stated that the law was broken and that the fine was paid, the time was done. I have no problem with the law or the enforcement of it. The only part I take issue with is this fictitious claim that he is "stealing from other's livelihood". We all know that is a stretch of the imagination. And yes, if Fritz got caught without his captain's license on board and got a ticket because of it, I would certainly be the first one to step in and say that he wasn't "stealing from other's livelihoods". It's a silly argument. I call out silly arguments.

So the Capt was not Sellsfish?

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.marshtackycarbon.com

Luke 8:22-25

If and I say if, he was undercutting legal guides, he was stealing from them! Sometimes I just don’t know how your mind works![:0] At the very least, he was playing from an uneven playing field! So again, he was stealing!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

If and I say if, he was undercutting legal guides, he was stealing from them! Sometimes I just don’t know how your mind works![:0] At the very least, he was playing from an uneven playing field! So again, he was stealing!

That's the point. He wasn't "undercutting" anyone. That was a made up scenario that you guys came up with. When you make up a scenario and start attacking that made up scenario, instead of the *real* issue, it's called a "straw man".

I’m willing to bet his actual prices are the same, if not higher, than Fritz. But Fritz’s prices are hidden for some reason. You have to call to get the price.

I am still waiting to hear if the man stealing numbers was a licensed captain or just a strawman captain, as it were.

www.marshtackycarbon.com

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

I am still waiting to hear if the man stealing numbers was a licensed captain or just a strawman captain, as it were.

One licensed captain taking numbers from another licensed captain.

Not undercutting then. Captain getting stolen from had full notice of what was going to happen. Bottom fishing captains are a rough crowd to hang with you know…

:stuck_out_tongue:

www.marshtackycarbon.com

He was undercutting them by not playing by the rules and paying for a license like they had to do! If he was charging the same, his cost was lower than theirs! So he was stealing, by not playing by the rules

This is turned into a Laurel and Hardy bit.

That part about blocking the Ohio area codes, that’s funny I don’t care who you are

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

Not undercutting then. Captain getting stolen from had full notice of what was going to happen. Bottom fishing captains are a rough crowd to hang with you know…

:stuck_out_tongue:

www.marshtackycarbon.com

No notice was given. Hosting captain just happened to look over at guest captain and see that his "ditch bag" GPS was deployed, you know for safety, in case the boat capsized with grouper. Ironically that day, we did get enough to capsize most boats! Those were the glory days when you could keep 5 per person.

Screw all that! I want to know who swiped the high dollar filet knife? You might have taken the mans livelihood!

PS: will saying, Screw all that, keep me from getting the women’s vote, when I run for President:question:

quote:

Screw all that! I want to know who swiped the high dollar filet knife? You might have taken the mans livelihood!

That part was either made up or confused with another story. It has no relevance to your guy's imbalanced morals on "stealing". :smiley:

In hindsight, I will accept payment of a filet knife for damages and restitution.

Damages and restitution, would indicate that you lost something wouldn’t it:question:

quote:

Damages and restitution, would indicate that you lost something wouldn’t it:question:

Intellectual Property

I believe those numbers are printed on Maps Unique, so how do you claim the as your, Intellectual Property :question:

Are we sure any numbers were “stolen?” What if the “stealer” was checking to see how close you were to some sweet snapper numbers that the Scurvy Dog gave him?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
quote:

That's the point. He wasn't "undercutting" anyone. That was a made up scenario that you guys came up with. When you make up a scenario and start attacking that made up scenario, instead of the *real* issue, it's called a "straw man".

I’m willing to bet his actual prices are the same, if not higher, than Fritz. But Fritz’s prices are hidden for some reason. You have to call to get the price.

You would be wrong. I run out of a marina and have higher overhead so I have to charge more. I'm not even invited on Shem Creek group trips anymore because I complained about the 2007 rates they were charging. During the summer my rates for a 4hr trip start at $450 and go up from there, This time of year I knock $50 off of that due to the fact I'm not running to the harbor everyday.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
quote:

Intellectual Property
Since you brought it up, do you know that the guide that this thread is about uses/used Tarpon photos from another local guides website to promote his own business? Will you defend that type stuff also?

I don’t do blanket defenses. I made a simple case that not having paperwork is not “stealing anyone’s livelihood”. Why is it so hard to differentiate the two?

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
quote:

You would be wrong. I run out of a marina and have higher overhead so I have to charge more. I'm not even invited on Shem Creek group trips anymore because I complained about the 2007 rates they were charging. During the summer my rates for a 4hr trip start at $450 and go up from there, This time of year I knock $50 off of that due to the fact I'm not running to the harbor everyday.

So basically you are admitting that nobody is undercutting you, but you have to add on extra charges because you choose the luxury of a marina? Isn't that exactly the opposite of what you were push