Justified, or Petty?

No, I’m still getting undercut by the guides that try to sneak in and out of the marina and pickup their clients.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I don’t do blanket defenses. I made a simple case that not having paperwork is not “stealing anyone’s livelihood”. Why is it so hard to differentiate the two?

actually it’s easy. Stealing takes away from those that do not steal. You just can not lose an argument. :roll_eyes:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Fred, your right! He’s a big PITA[:0]

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Bolbie, that would be more appropriate for Hillary and Trump! Love T P’s music not so big a fan of his videos.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Fred, your right! He’s a big PITA[:0]

Naaa Skinny’s good folk! He just likes to put his boots in the ground and never budge… imo. :smiley:

I could picture him spearfishing and a Great White shark come up to him and chomp his pinky toe off and He’d say… “look Mr. Shark, I’m not leaving go away!” or something like that… :smiley:

Heck I had an argument won with him once, but after four years I guess he won in a technicality. I still think I won, but I’ll let it go. It was over .22 ammo.

P.s. I think I could persuade him to vote Trump if we talked face to face. :wink:

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

Bolbie, that would be more appropriate for Hillary and Trump! Love T P’s music not so big a fan of his videos.

Title of the thread, or perhaps Phin and myself are still waiting?

All thieves are liars.
+
All fishermen are liars.

All fishermen are thieves?

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.marshtackycarbon.com

Luke 8:22-25

Phin, you’re a Lawyer aren’t you:question:

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

Title of the thread, or perhaps Phin and myself are still waiting?

got it… Petty… I was a little slow on that one…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I didn’t realize people booked charters based on price alone.

Yes, believe it or not, some people in society still have to check price tags on things before they buy them.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Here’s a thought -

What if there was a “Coalition of States” that didn’t include NC, and Vermont that up-held Fish and Game Violations from all the other states in the coalition? So, if LA convicted a person for a fish and game violation and subsequently took their license to perform a particular function, every other state that isn’t NC or Vermont would honor that. So if your’re convicted of shining deer in SC, you can’t go to LA and buy a hunting license.

If I’m not mistaken, the perpetrator was arrested and “bonded out” of the Gray Bar Hilton. This means he still has to go before a judge to be found guilty or innocent, and some type of fine, sentence, or punishment be levied.

Also keep in mind this is America and a person is innocent until proven guilty. Which means sure, as long as you have the credentials you can buy a license before you go to court on your violation case. Maybe the judge will throw his case out. Maybe he will fine him and let him keep his license. Maybe he will suspend his privilege to hold a commercial license in LA for a period of time. If that happens there is always NC or Vermont.

quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy

Here’s a thought -

What if there was a “Coalition of States” that didn’t include NC, and Vermont that up-held Fish and Game Violations from all the other states in the coalition? So, if LA convicted a person for a fish and game violation and subsequently took their license to perform a particular function, every other state that isn’t NC or Vermont would honor that. So if your’re convicted of shining deer in SC, you can’t go to LA and buy a hunting license.

If I’m not mistaken, the perpetrator was arrested and “bonded out” of the Gray Bar Hilton. This means he still has to go before a judge to be found guilty or innocent, and some type of fine, sentence, or punishment be levied.

Also keep in mind this is America and a person is innocent until proven guilty. Which means sure, as long as you have the credentials you can buy a license before you go to court on your violation case. Maybe the judge will throw his case out. Maybe he will fine him and let him keep his license. Maybe he will suspend his privilege to hold a commercial license in LA for a period of time. If that happens there is always NC or Vermont.

Yeah, who knows. My only point was it's silly to say, "He's stealing"... Did he break the law? Yes. Was he stealing from other's livelihood's preventing them from putting food in their kid's mouths? That's nonsense...

Sounds like the judge will decide what his fate is. I have no idea how they are in LA, or how they are with the charter license. I have personally been caught with an expired recreational license, and it was no big deal… I went and got my license and the officer ripped up the ticket before it even got to the courtroom. I wasn’t “stealing” anyone else’s grouper fishing without one. Granted, LA might look at it differently since this li

I will admit to not reading all the posts in this thread but many “Charter” captains in South Carolina operate without proper licenses. The easiest way to tell is if they say customers must have their own state fishing license to go on the trip. These individuals typically do not have a six pack licenses, state charter licenses, business licenses or business liability insurance to cover their activities. In addition, they don’t file monthly trip reports for DNR or answer questionnaires from NMFS to account for their catch from this for profit use of a public resource. All of which cost time and money and they basically operate below the radar for far less cost that a legitimate professionally licensed captain.

DNR is much more aggressive about illegal chartering than most realize. They particularly frown on it. Whenever they get a tip about it they really pursue it.

In the grand scheme of things, why does the government think they have the right to tell me who I can have on my boat and if I can charge to take them out? It’s just another form of taxation…

Thank you hungruneck! So they are stealing from the plates of legal guides! Tell that to skinneej! Send him a PM! No, call him on the phone!

quote:

Thank you hungruneck! So they are stealing from the plates of legal guides! Tell that to skinneej! Send him a PM! No, call him on the phone!

If they are stealing, then they should be charged with grand larceny...

Depends on the price of what they took! You jacked Fritz’s filet knife, so you only get charged with Petty Theft!

quote:

Depends on the price of what they took! You jacked Fritz’s filet knife, so you only get charged with Petty Theft!

Fritz probably left it on the dock. I've lost things myself. It's natural to want to blame things on other people when we acted irresponsible.