Justified, or Petty?

Great White hit the nail on the head. You guys are being dramatic.

No! Someone from the Upstate, pays the same thing as an out of nonresident, for a weekend of fishing, plus all the other tax’s and fees!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

No! Someone from the Upstate, pays the same thing as an out of nonresident, for a weekend of fishing, plus all the other tax’s and fees!

I'm referring to the guide himself staying in a hotel (he's a non-resident, remember?)... Do you think that the $100 a night that the guide spends in hotel, and eating out every night doesn't factor into his daily charter rate?

What he pays to stay there, is on him! He doesn’t have to pay all the other stuff that legal resident guides do!

quote:

Doesn’t matter if it was .1 cent, stealing is theifng! If it was coming out of your pocket, you would be on the other side of the fence!

Have you broken ANY law in your life? Have you ever picked up so much as a single penny from the ground and not turned the it into the police or lost and found?

If so please do tell so we can plug it into your butterfly effect equation and call you a theif.

Again, cheating maybe but theif? No. And really if anyone is cheated its Jimmy green jeans. But they work for the gov which is the biggest thief in the world right?

First, Most, Biggest

quote:

What he pays to stay there, is on him! He doesn’t have to pay all the other stuff that legal resident guides do!

Actually state income tax in SC is more than in LA... So, it's entirely obvious that if he MOVED there, he could operate at a lower cost. Which easily suggests that residents have the lower overhead... AGAIN...

So let’s at least admit that your original scenario where you asserted that a guide was able to operate at a lower cost (compared to other guides) due to him not paying the same overhead as other guides ($250) was absurd, especially once you factor in the cost of an out of town business operator. There isn’t anyone on this forum who thinks it’s more profitable for someone to live in SC and operate in LA once you factor in travel, hotels, eating, etc. That’s simple math. Let’s at least admit that you were WRONG about that. You (and others) CLAIMED that BECAUSE he had lower overhead (this assumption was PROVEN WRONG) that he could possibly charge lower prices because of his unfair advantage of operating at a lower cost.

Now, if you want to argue that it’s “not right” that he is operating in another state, then you have an argument. If you want to argue that it’s a crime to not have your license, then you have an argument. But to call it “stealing” by virtue of “lower operating costs”, we know that’s a fictional scenario by any stretch of the imagination. But what the heck, everyone loves a good fairy tale…

Great White, that’s not the context of this discussion. The discussion is about, what is and is not stealing! If you find a penny, you just found a penny! If you saw me drop the penny and didn’t say (Hey man you dropped some money) and picked it up and put it in your pocket, that’s stealing!

quote:

Great White, that’s not the context of this discussion. The discussion is about, what is and is not stealing! If you find a penny, you just found a penny! If you saw me drop the penny and didn’t say (Hey man you dropped some money) and picked it up and put it in your pocket, that’s stealing!

What about me j-walking and making it to McDonald's 10 seconds before the next guy. Time is money!!! If I'm stealing time, then I'm stealing money!!!

The only folks that got robbed were the customers that lost 4 Spot Tails…

Wonder if the vessel’s commercial liability insurance was voided since the law was broken during the trip? Accidents happen…

RBF

“Make America Sane Again.”

You bring an interesting point RBF! Can I sue the illegal guide, if I don’t catch any fish?

Someone with a Mack truck should have run your Azz down!

quote:

Someone with a Mack truck should have run your Azz down!

That's not very nice... Now you are starting to sound like poly ball...
quote:

You bring an interesting point RBF! Can I sue the illegal guide, if I don’t catch any fish?

My line of thought was more about whether the commercial liability insurance that should have been obtained by the business owner/guide would be valid in the event of an accident that physically harmed the clients during an accident… There are numerous exclusionary clauses with commercial insurance policies…

Still would be pissed if the law took the fish I caught because the guide wasn’t legal…

RBF

“Make America Sane Again.”

skinneej, those are fightin words! If I have to fight you, I’m bringing a gun!

quote:

skinneej, those are fightin words! If I have to fight you, I’m bringing a gun!

No sir. We are pals. I would let you win. We can have a debate and still be pals...
quote:

Doesn’t matter if it was .1 cent, stealing is theifng! If it was coming out of your pocket, you would be on the other side of the fence!

Have you broken ANY law in your life? Have you ever picked up so much as a single penny from the ground and not turned the it into the police or lost and found?

If so please do tell so we can plug it into your butterfly effect equation and call you a theif.

Again, cheating maybe but theif? No. And really if anyone is cheated its Jimmy green jeans. But they work for the gov which is the biggest thief in the world right?

First, Most, Biggest

If I hit you hard enough, you would give up the Pals stuff pretty quick!:smiley:

quote:

If I hit you hard enough, you would give up the Pals stuff pretty quick!:smiley:

My wingspan is close to 7 feet and I used to box a little... I think being pals is a better option!!!

Yeah, so do I, friend! But, be advised, if I come after you, it will be a sneak attack!:wink::smiley: With an 8ft, 2x4[:0]

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

You people that debate Skinnee are wasting your time.

This is the best advice ever posted on this site.