Landscaping

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Getting your heart rate up and breaking a sweat is good for you every now and again, especially as you get older.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

That's why I have a heavy bag in the garage. Do you think pulling weeds is the secret to health?

You work a heavy bag in your garage, but would turn down Jewel…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

RBF

My wife is hotter than Jewel. There, I said it...
quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Nothing finer than pushing a lawnmower in the summer heat, getting covered in sweat and grass, and then admiring a nicely groomed lawn.

What’s wrong with exercise and self satisfaction?

There are more fun ways to do it. Last time I checked, mowing the lawn was not the only form of exercise, and certainly not the best form.

So, yes, there are lot’s of things “finer” than that…

And again, it’s not the pushing of the mower part that is my main concern. It’s weeds and flower bed maintenance as I previously stated. Sounds time consuming, monotonous, and intellectually boring… To me, that has the “pay someone else” smell to it.

quote:
quote:

RBF

My wife is hotter than Jewel. There, I said it...

Prolly cause you haven’t got the weeds done yet…

Jewel can afford a landscaper… :wink:

RBF

quote:

RBF

My wife has better teeth.
quote:
quote:

RBF

My wife has better teeth.

Jewel can afford any teeth she wants… I’d rather have cash than flash…

RBF

quote:

Jewel can afford any teeth she wants…

Obviously there is a problem then. If she has no desire to change her teeth, what makes you think she will trim the hedges?
quote:
quote:

Jewel can afford any teeth she wants…

Obviously there is a problem then. If she has no desire to change her teeth, what makes you think she will trim the hedges?

Many times imperfection becomes sexy… Jewel is willing to just be herself…

Also, a woman should keep her mouth shut, so you rarely ever see their teeth…

RBF

quote:

Nothing finer than pushing a lawnmower in the summer heat, getting covered in sweat and grass, and then admiring a nicely groomed lawn.

Dude, he has a 1/4 acre, riding mower all the way.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:

Dude, he has a 1/4 acre, riding mower all the way.

Agreed…

RBF

Tough audience around this place…

Now that would be a picture. Skinneej, riding that thing:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Now that would be a picture. Skinneej, riding that thing:smiley:

Getting off of it would be better entertainment.
quote:
quote:

There are more fun ways to do it. Last time I checked, mowing the lawn was not the only form of exercise, and certainly not the best form.

So, yes, there are lot’s of things “finer” than that…

And again, it’s not the pushing of the mower part that is my main concern. It’s weeds and flower bed maintenance as I previously stated. Sounds time consuming, monotonous, and intellectually boring… To me, that has the “pay someone else” smell to it.

That comment has a real “douche bag” smell to it…

quote:
Originally posted by Lawman

Saying that mowing the lawn is boring? How is that a "douche bag" comment? Is it not true?

Unless you are a quaker, most of us pay someone else for something (thus my change oil comment).

Do you not choose to pay other people for services? Do people not pay you for your services?

quote:
quote:

Saying that mowing the lawn is boring? How is that a "douche bag" comment? Is it not true?

Unless you are a quaker, most of us pay someone else for something (thus my change oil comment).

Do you not choose to pay other people for services? Do people not pay you for your services?

Why do you feel the need to let the whole WWW know every detail of your life? Does it give you satisfaction to have your ego stroked by this lot? I truly want to understand your modus operandi…

quote:

Why do you feel the need to let the whole WWW know every detail of your life? Does it give you satisfaction to have your ego stroked by this lot? I truly want to understand your modus operandi…

Hmmm... I asked for advice on a landscaper who does good work at a reasonable price.

Can you give me a list of things that qualify as “normal questions”, and things that qualify as “letting everyone know my entire life”? Honestly, I’m having a hard time understanding where the cutoff is.

I don’t want to have my ego stroked. I just want to get my yard stroked. Does that help you in your search for happiness?

quote:
quote:

Hmmm... I asked for advice on a landscaper who does good work at a reasonable price.

Can you give me a list of things that qualify as “normal questions”, and things that qualify as “letting everyone know my entire life”? Honestly, I’m having a hard time understanding where the cutoff is.

I don’t want to have my ego stroked. I just want to get my yard stroked. Does that help you in your search for happiness?

You have the spin mastered! I figured it was worth a shot…

quote:

You have the spin mastered! I figured it was worth a shot…

So, you can't give a reasonable answer as to how asking for advice on a CHEAP landscaper is soliciting my ego to be stroked?

I seriously didn’t know that talking about my problems with dollarweed and nutsedge would create such jealousy and controversy. If you want my dollar weed, I will gladly share with you. Take as much as you want.

wow. that took a hard left into douche-land

how did anything that skinneej say be considered stroking his ego? i must have a HUGE ego because it takes alot more than discussing dollar weeds and changing oil to stroke my Ego. I must be a huge douche-bag i reckon.

If I’m posting, its because I’m sitting here at work, dreaming about fishing.