Luxury Tow SUV help

If you can find one a Ford Excursion 4x4 with the 7.3 liter diesel is great. I love mine.

I’m still trying to absorb the fact that a Chevy Tahoe can go for $70,000. Jeez. Hope you find what you’re looking for. If you are like me, whatever you buy, they will come out with a re-vamped model the next year.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Me too D. One thing I have learned from this is that Chevy and Ford are really overpriced. If you don’t get 20% off on any of those, then you are going to take a major hit the first 2 years. I think $47k for a 4Runner is crazy, but looking at 1 year old models they sell for about $44k.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Well crap. You are right Dfreedom. Just saw this. http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/06/17/bmw-x5-range-will-get-new-engines-in-2018/

BMW is running a shorter cycle on this model, and going with a major redesign in just 1.5 years.

I guess I need to take the fact that any of these could be replaced out of the equation and just worry about what is here right now.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

http://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/armada

Look at the nissan. Its bigger than the 4runner, gas milage is about the same as the gx460 but tows 8500. If you looked at Tahoes, you should give the armada a look.

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

The resale value alone on the 4runner was enough for us to risk not catching the new updates. If they update in the next three years I don’t want the first year model anyhow so we will sell on the second… The limited is nice but the Lexus version is better. Sucks on fuel economy but the little six has towed everything we have asked it to do. I definitely recommend the third row seats even though all your stuff falls out when you open the tailgate… The net across the back somewhat fixed the problem

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield

I’m sort of glad this is a problem that I’ll never have [:I]:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I’ve got over 100,00 miles on my wifes 400hp plus Esculade 2 wd and it been great! Have pulled my 28’ Bertram and got 16 mpg, my Toyota Tundra has never seen over 8 mpg empty. For pulling I can’t beat my 3500 disel chev crew cab with 18 mpg

You might want to look at something coming off lease!

Get a Land Cruiser and tell her to learn to drive. One of the best rides of any SUV on the road. As to the XC90, the ones we’ve driven have had a better ride than anything else in that price or class and better than more expensive ones. Another to look at is the Audi Q7, man that was a fun one to drive, only drawback is it’s a fancy Volkswagon.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Thanks Salty. I agree on the Land Cruiser, but it was just too big for parking for her. On the XC90, it was a rough ride for us. Too much engine noise, wind, and tire noise. It was soft, but loud compared to all the others.

From all I am seeing, the X5 has extremely high safety ratings, very high reliability, and gets the best gas mileage with the ZF 8 speed than others. Same unit Chrysler and Mercedes have started using. I don’t think I have ever driven a better transmission than this one.

Still liking the Lexus GX460 (Landcruiser Prado) though. Just wish it got a little better mpg and the interior was a little nicer. Toyota and Lexus sure aren’t tryin to win any awards with their interiors. I get the feeling this Lexus has a death certificate somewhere in Japan for us in the US. With the Land Rover now dropping their truck based unit, I think Toyota will be softening up this in near future. They just haven’t put a penny in the interior, design, or safety features of these models in 10+ years.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

I’ve got over 100,00 miles on my wifes 400hp plus Esculade 2 wd and it been great! Have pulled my 28’ Bertram and got 16 mpg, my Toyota Tundra has never seen over 8 mpg empty. For pulling I can’t beat my 3500 disel chev crew cab with 18 mpg

8mpg on the yota. empty?? thats wretched

I’ve gotten right at 20 on the highway in my Tundra. I know they are the most fuel efficient trucks but 8, man, I’d check that out. I get more than that when I’m towing.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I think he missed a 1

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

No, iv’e never gotten over 8 MPG on my 4x4 Toyota Tundra, Today I put in 17 gal to go from Laurens to Lake Murray and back pulling a 20’ Glasmaster and that’s only 98 miles round trip. On a trip to Mobile Ala this summer I averaged 160 mi. on a 20 gal tank pulling a 23, CC at 80 mph avarage, with the traffic. Now it will pull mt Bertram at 80 all day but it will sure suck the fuel.

He’s talking towing

He said empty in the post. I call BS. Nobody is selling a truck that horrible on gas mileage in stock form.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

He said empty in the post. I call BS. Nobody is selling a truck that horrible on gas mileage in stock form.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

You’re right. He did. Are you looking at the Tundra’s?

No, but this SUV is also replacing a 3/4 ton Chevy that gets 13 mpg with a bigger engine than the Tundra and 4.10 gears in 4wd.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Then why are you arguing about what he gets?