North Charleston will become Ferguson Mo.

quote:
Originally posted by blackangus

I happen to have a family member that had a run in with this cop about a year and half ago and yes this cop as bad as media presents. I don’t want to discuss this matter but at the end of the day… This cop cost me $7000 over false charges!!!

Lastly, I don’t know what planet Black Bart comes from with his statistics but it sure is not this one! He must read from right to left and got the numbers twisted. He is clearly been under a rock or slept thru the civil rights movement, oh my bad he was reading from right to left so he misinterpreted these events!

I just saw your response, as I was fishing yesterday (as I believe you were as well).

I’m from the same country as you, man. The difference between you and me is I took the time to OBJECTIVELY research the statistics and find out for myself what I believe.

You may not believe this, but the fight for civil rights is over, and it’s been won. I have every opportunity (if not more) than any white person. And yet, black families are in danger of becoming extinct. Out-of-wedlock births are over 70% in the black community. 13% of the population accounts for 40% of America’s prison population. Please tell me what the hell that has to do with white people?

This shooting is undeniably a tragedy, and the cop will be punished accordingly. However, to say cops killing black folks is a bigger issue than black-on-black crime is plain ignorant.

The problem is accountability. Until black folks are accountable to and for black folks, we’re still under control of “the man”. Read that from left to right…[:0]

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart
quote:

I happen to have a family member that had a run in with this cop about a year and half ago and yes this cop as bad as media presents. I don’t want to discuss this matter but at the end of the day… This cop cost me $7000 over false charges!!!

Lastly, I don’t know what planet Black Bart comes from with his statistics but it sure is not this one! He must read from right to left and got the numbers twisted. He is clearly been under a rock or slept thru the civil rights movement, oh my bad he was reading from right to left so he misinterpreted these events!

I just saw your response, as I was fishing yesterday (as I believe you were as well).

I’m from the same country as you, man. The difference between you and me is I took the time to OBJECTIVELY research the statistics and find out for myself what I believe.

You may not believe this, but the fight for civil rights is over, and it’s been won. I have every opportunity (if not more) than any white person. And yet, black families are in danger of becoming extinct. Out-of-wedlock births are over 70% in the black community. 13% of the population accounts for 40% of America’s prison population. Please tell me what the hell that has to do with white people?

This shooting is undeniably a tragedy, and the cop will be punished accordingly. However, to say cops killing black folks is a bigger issue than black-on-black crime is plain ignorant.

The problem is accountability. Until black folks are accountable to and for black folks, we’re still under control of “the man”. Read that from left to right…[:0]

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
quote:

The problem is accountability. Unt

I like this Black Bart fellow.

Savannah averages about 3 black on black shootings every day. Where is Al to protest those?

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by wearthefishes
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
quote:

This shooting is undeniably a tragedy, and the cop

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

Maybe I’m making a leap here. Cop sees a black man driving whatever with a broken tail-light, profiles him and decides he’s up to no good. Pulls him over on the pretense of the tail-light then finds he’s not paid his child support, pulls his taser then goes Johnny Tacticool on him. He shoots the guy with the taser and something goes wrong. Subject flees because he thinks the crazy ass Gestapo cop is going to kill him anyway. Cop’s pissed because the guy’s gotten away and the better of him, he pulls his gun out to stop him. Instead of one warning shot or pursuit on foot, he unloads 8 rounds at the man. I’m sorry, that’s not trigger happy, that’s a cop murdering a man. He compounded it by trying to cover it up.

They guy has been on the force for 5 years. Explain to me why he hasn't done this before? You think this was his first traffic stop?

By the way, cop doesn’t know why he is running. The child support thing came from his lawyer after the fact.

From what I heard earlier, there have been numerous complaints about the cop over his 5 years. Doubt it was his first traffic stop, pretty sure it was his first murder though. Not matter why he was running, did that warrant 8 shots at the man with 5 of them hitting him? Did that warrant picking up the taser and placing it beside the murder victim? Did a 50yo unarmed man running from a cop warrant the v

I just want to thank you Bart.

Accountability is one of my favorite words. I don’t care if you’re black, white, brown, or any combination in between. We all have the opportunity and we all should be held accountable for what we do with our lives.

Sometimes I get so sick of it all.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by oops_lost

Blackangus, I’m not sure Black Bart is 100% wrong. Numbers are numbers and they can be made to say what you want them to. This article helps point out some of the issues with numbers when it comes to crime.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/21/michael-medved/talk-show-host-police-kill-more-whites-blacks/

But there is a larger issue that for some reason Al, Jesse and our local community wont address. Black on black killing. Just last night on the local news they covered the cop shooting of Mr. Scott. Then in the next 3 stories were black on black murders. So when the protesters say black lives matter do they only mean when killed by white police or if killed by other blacks as well? There have plenty of stories in the Charleston arae in the last year that should have called for a large out cry by the community and received little attention. Example; 19-year-old Ariel Morgan of Monks corner. http://www.abcnews4.com/story/25719229/1-killed-4-others-wounded-in-moncks-corner-shooting

Let me finish by saying what happened to Mr. Scott is wrong on all accounts. I feel the police officer will pay for his actions as he should. My prayers are with both families because they both lost in this incident.

Thanks, Oops. Facts (should) always trump emotion, but that’s not always the case…

Angus, the Scott case is a pretty obvious case of wrongdoing by the police. The point I’m making, however, is that policemen shooting blacks is WAY down on the list of real issues within the black community. Let’s address and resolve the issues we can fix ourselves, and I PROMISE a lot of the

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

I like this Black Bart fellow.

Savannah averages about 3 black on black shootings every day. Where is Al to protest those?

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Ain’t no money in it, Cracker. As is usually the case, just follow the money…

And thank for the kind words, y’all. I care nothing about patting myself on the back, as my thoughts and beliefs are COMMON SENSE and can be universally applied, regardless of black or white, left or right.

quote:
my problem came in when you said black cops are more likely to shoot blacks than white cops,and that's just a stupid thing to say..We have very few black cops

In Savannah, we have more black officers than white, from the chief on down, which is probably a good thing based on the clientele they have to deal with. About 20 of them are currently being indicted on federal corruption charges and the ex chief is in prison, but I’ve never known one of them to shoot an unarmed running man in the back.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe I’m making a leap here. Cop sees a black man driving whatever with a broken tail-light, profiles him and decides he’s up to no good. Pulls him over on the pretense of the tail-light then finds he’s not paid his child support, pulls his taser then goes Johnny Tacticool on him. He shoots the guy with the taser and something goes wrong. Subject flees because he thinks the crazy ass Gestapo cop is going to kill him anyway. Cop’s pissed because the guy’s gotten away and the better of him, he pulls his gun out to stop him. Instead of one warning shot or pursuit on foot, he unloads 8 rounds at the man. I’m sorry, that’s not trigger happy, that’s a cop murdering a man. He compounded it by trying to cover it up.

They guy has been on the force for 5 years. Explain to me why he hasn't done this before? You think this was his first traffic stop?

By the way, cop doesn’t know why he is running. The child support thing came from his lawyer after the fact.

From what I heard earlier, there have been numerous complaints about the cop over his 5 years. Doubt it was his first traffic stop, pretty sure it was his first murder though. Not matter why he was running, did that warrant 8 shots at the ma

quote:
quote:
quote:

Blackangus, I’m not sure Black Bart is 100% wrong. Numbers are numbers and they can be made to say what you want them to. This article helps point out some of the issues with numbers when it comes to crime.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/21/michael-medved/talk-show-host-police-kill-more-whites-blacks/

But there is a larger issue that for some reason Al, Jesse and our local community wont address. Black on black killing. Just last night on the local news they covered the cop shooting of Mr. Scott. Then in the next 3 stories were black on black murders. So when the protesters say black lives matter do they only mean when killed by white police or if killed by other blacks as well? There have plenty of stories in the Charleston arae in the last year that should have called for a large out cry by the community and received little attention. Example; 19-year-old Ariel Morgan of Monks corner. http://www.abcnews4.com/story/25719229/1-killed-4-others-wounded-in-moncks-corner-shooting

Let me finish by saying what happened to Mr. Scott is wrong on all accounts. I feel the police officer will pay for his actions as he should. My prayers are with both families because they both lost in this incident.

Thanks, Oops. Facts (should) always trump emotion, but that’s not always the case…

Angus, the Scott case is a pretty obvious case of wrongdoing by the police. The point I’m making, however, is that policemen

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks, Oops. Facts (should) always trump emo

Interesting piece here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-south-carolina-officer-michael-slager-charged-with-murder-how-he-spends-life-in-prison/

Now go back and read everything you posted and tell me what it had to do with you saying BLACK COPS KILL MORE BLACK SUSPECTS THAN WHITE COPS.SO ALL THAT HOT AIR YOU JUST BLEW OUT OF YOUR AS@,I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT,SUCK IT BACK IN. YOU STATED ALOT OF FACTS,WITH ONE BIG LIE!!

quote:

Now go back and read everything you posted and tell me what it had to do with you saying BLACK COPS KILL MORE BLACK SUSPECTS THAN WHITE COPS.SO ALL THAT HOT AIR YOU JUST BLEW OUT OF YOUR AS@,I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT,SUCK IT BACK IN. YOU STATED ALOT OF FACTS,WITH ONE BIG LIE!!

So after all I’ve said, that’s what you’re focusing on, huh? Focus on the elephant in the room, not the color of the carpet. Try and keep up.

And when I provide statistical proof of my statement about black cops, will you acknowledge it? Please let me know, and I’ll gladly furnish. As I previously mentioned, I don’t make statements based on speculation or emotion. And I don’t type paragraphs in all caps when I’m butt-hurt about gettin’ owned in an arguement. That’s what little kids and ignorant people do. I won’t hold my breath waiting on a response. (See what I did there?..)

Easy men, we don’t need any more black on black violence :smiley:

Some of my best friends and fishing buddies are black men. I consider some of them better men than I. Don’t fight between yourselves.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

I can see this one going south.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

I can see this one going south.

My taser’s not working, lemme pull my backu…nev.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com