North Charleston will become Ferguson Mo.

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

Easy men, we don’t need any more black on black violence :smiley:

Some of my best friends and fishing buddies are black men. I consider some of them better men than I. Don’t fight between yourselves.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Cracker,

My temperature hasn’t risen one degree. There’s a certain peace of mind that comes with knowing when you’re right about something. I’m sure you can attest…:smiley:

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart
quote:

Easy men, we don’t need any more black on black violence :smiley:

Some of my best friends and fishing buddies are black men. I consider some of them better men than I. Don’t fight between yourselves.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Cracker,

My temperature hasn’t risen one degree. There’s a certain peace of mind that comes with knowing when you’re right about something. I’m sure you can attest…:smiley:

LOL TBC

I’d like to buy you a beer or 3 Black Bart.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Okay, this is my last post on this topic, unless my credibility is challenged again. Angus, here you go:

http://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-and-white

About halfway through the article, you’ll find the following paragraph:

"Who is killing all those black men and boys?

Mostly white officers. But in hundreds of instances, black officers, too. Black officers account for a little more than 10 percent of all fatal police shootings. Of those they kill, though, 78 percent were black."

Game, set, match.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Black Bart drinks 3 beers at a time (in one hand)...

Something you guys need to take into consideration… It’s not about the absolute number of white officers killing blacks. You also need to take into consideration the number of white officers versus black officers.

White officers make up 70+% of the police for and black officers make up about 8+%.

http://what-when-how.com/police-science/changing-demographics-in-policing/

You really have to normalize the data on a per capita basis before drawing conclusions about it… If the intent is to show racism as the culprit.

quote:
White officers make up 70+% of the police force and black officers make up about 8+%.

That depends on where you live. Maybe true nationwide, but not around here locally.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

quote:

Dang! I’ll buy just to watch that!

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

Angus can drink three beers with one hand while juggling with the oyher.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

…And so the legend of blackbart arose from the ashes…

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
quote:
White officers make up 70+% of the police force and black officers make up about 8+%.

That depends on where you live. Maybe true nationwide, but not around here locally.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

Nationwide.

Hey Skinnee, everyone knows that facts and figures just mess up a good story. It is like how the media has been pointing out that the N. Chas PD is only 18% black. Great, how many actually apply?, how many applied and passed the background check, of those how many could/could not make it through the academy. Many times, facts may be true but not accurate.

I run a departmental firearms program. At one point, I was chided for not having any minority instructors. When I actually got a chance to defend myself and the program, I showed where I attempted a department wide recruitment of potential instructors and out of 41 people, I did not get one minority applicant.

Seems to be right down the percent of population breakdown in the U.S. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

Nation Wide!

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235
quote:
Originally posted by Warbler
quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235
quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

First I’m not defending the cop. He should pay for the killing of a fleeing man.
But salty you are not looking at all that happened. The guy ran from the cop, period. Then the rest happened.
The guy that stayed in the car was questioned and released.

My point is the cop did not make him run… Any more than the guy made the cop shoot him…

This is bad all the way around but saying his plan was to kill from the start, or that he wanted to kill a person for the color of his skin… IMO is jumping with both feet.

So, an unarmed 50yo man running from a cop who has attempted to tase him already warrants being shot at 8 times and hit 5? He was murdered by the cop.

I’m all for maximum punishment under the law for crimes, summary execution over a broken tail-light is a bit excessive don’t you think? I mean (**(), was the cop in such bad shape that he couldn’t run down a 50yo retiree?

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

</b
quote:

I like this Black Bart fellow</font id=“red”>.

Savannah averages about 3 black on black shootings every day. Where is Al to protest those?

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

Always have!</font id=“red”> I hope this finds you and your niece well, Scott.

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

He was booted from the coast guard for a drug offense.

Alan Reece.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/acr242004/dakota]

[/URL]

So he was driving a car that was not his and had no proof he was allowed to be in possession of and has a prior history of drugs and he ran from and assaulted an officer. Yup perfect stand up model citizen.

Alan Reece.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/acr242004/dakota]

[/URL]

quote:
Originally posted by Redstripe

Im beginning to wonder if racists are flocking to law enforcement like child molesters do to the Priesthood. That video is unreal. He was 20 yards away with his back turned. He needs to be tried for murder 1.

I share your sentiment here, but I don’t think he can be tried for 1st degree murder, it does not appear to have been premeditated.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

quote:
Originally posted by Redfish_matt
quote:
Originally posted by Redstripe

Im beginning to wonder if racists are flocking to law enforcement like child molesters do to the Priesthood. That video is unreal. He was 20 yards away with his back turned. He needs to be tried for murder 1.

I share your sentiment here, but I don’t think he can be tried for 1st degree murder, it does not appear to have been premeditated.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

I agree. Any lawyer with half a brain could get him out of murder 1. Actually suprised they charged him with it. I think manslaughter is more appropriate by definition.

Hey bart boy…get this book…By the way 80 percent of my friends are white.