Projects

Got a kick out of these

1 Like

That thing is cool! Where was this?

56 gator. I had a red fish from the early 1960s that was a lot like that, what memories

1 Like

Riding down the road North Myrtle Beach. Your jacket cracks me up I love it.

The newest member of the family.
Now I got to drive all the way back to Greenville to pick it up.

My day was shot in the butt with a doctor’s appointment at the VA today. Decided to just come on to Greenville and pick up the bike my. I was going to pick it up Saturday and now I can fish Saturday.

Didn’t get the deal I wanted but I didn’t want to miss the bike. But the old boy got me for 17 bucks and I forgot to say something to him today. I gave him a $500 deposit on the credit card (he runs a muffler shop) yesterday and told him I’d pick it up Friday or Saturday…
The wife told me the horses azz charged $517 on the credit card.

Charged me a credit card fee.

Daaaaamn…

1 Like

A lot of places are now adding a fee for using a credit card. Just another money scam IMO. Nice looking Bike.

Got the last of the knee wall framed and got the ceiling rock hung yesterday. Now once i get some more on the walls this evening, the better half will have no qualms about my fishing this weekend… not to mention there are about 30+ of the worlds best pool players at a 4 day tournament up in Aiken at a place called Racks on the Rocks. Yep, that’s right in Aiken! Ha! So yea, may have to make a run up there too…maybe…

Damnit, I misspoke. This one is in Illinois, the place in Aiken is called Rack n Grill 3. Sorry about that. Read my email too quick and got excited. The Aiken tourney is in September.

And EF, it’s no smoking and this one is only a year old so it’s pretty clean still too. I was there last August and had a nice time exploring the Equine country!
RACK 3 | Rackngrill

1 Like

I havent been snookered in a smoky pool room in a long time

RACK

OTC, I charge a 3% convenience fee for credit card payments all the time. In today’s world, why should I pay 3% of the fee I charge to allow you to get 2% back? That being said, I do not do it unless everybody understands I charge the fee. Pay by check or electronic transfer no big deal, cash on the other hand (like you like to deal) and I give a discount.
Hell, one of my frequent watering holes charges 2.75% if you don’t pay cash.

2 Likes

Oh I totally understand a business charging a credit card fee.
But it just kind of griped my azz that he charged me that on almost a $15,000 cash deal.
But I guess that’s why the guy lives in a million dollar home has half a dozen new vehicles a half a million dollar RV.
Has a couple vintage bikes that only have around 2500 miles and still has the original tires .
I had to wipe the drool off my chin when I seen his garage.

1 Like

Might have enough room if I move some things around and go side to side.

We quit with the dirt track racing since OSP shut down, so I have some lead that I may be able to get. I should be able to make a few sinkers with 2000lbs+ of lead ingots.

Got this one running a little bit ago. One of the drivers wanted me to spruce up his In line Six. Ford 300. Not sure why, but that’s what he wanted. It is nothing to write home about but it does run a little peppier now.

1 Like

Around the Chesapeake Bay you could sell that lead in a heartbeat, they melt it into 40lb pyramid blocks for crabbing line weights and most of the crabbers carry 10 blocks per boat. My neighbor was the guy making them and he’d buy within a 75 mile range including the blocks from sailboat hulls. I bought mine from a retired plumber that was cleaning out his garage and got the cooker, pots and ladel in the deal. That was the first time I’d seen whole 5 lb ingots

Outside of the Ford 7.3 diesel, the 300, in line six, is one of the best engines ever produced!

I’m guessing you don’t have to worry about that thing getting enough fuel…

I had a pretty good little stash of lead myself, but nothing like that. I would get a lot of lead from roof tear offs. I’d use a valve cover for a mold.

Got the bike back drained and replaced the gas and it started third kick. Runs like a champ.

Jumped on the bike the clutch won’t disengage.

Something still not quite right need to pull the cover off the other side of the TRANSMISSION and check the bearing.

But as Earl shives would say
YOU CAN RIDE TODAY…

Looks good and muggy in those pics… brutal, but at least you are able to fix it!

Just make dam sure there is no pockets of water in that lead piping when you melt it down.I’ve put together a few cast iron joints in my time.haha

Got all the rock not inside the bathroom hung.

I have to decide on how much overlap the tile does on the durarock/sheetrock transition, I was thinking 1.5", what do you say OTC? I want the top of the tile at 42". So ill just laser line it and go from there!?

OTC… yep those were poured in a valve cover. They don’t cut well with a band saw!! dang blade will hang even with a ton of cutting fluid. They are 95-100lb casts…

Mixed, I’ll have to agree with you. If serviced semi regular, you’ll go through a couple of transmissions before an engine. A lot of dependability was from the gear train timing system rather than chain. The Old Dodge Slant six was a good one… and I don’t like dodge.

On the 7.3, you talking about the old naturally aspirated NaviStar? Cause that was and is a good engine! Glow plugs were it’s biggest issue. There is this small cover on the injection pump that you can take off and roll the engine over until you see this Tiny allen screw, .5mm. give it a 1/4 turn and you really woke it up, give it a 1/2 turn and you smoked out the whole world.