Projects

There’s more to get done, but I have a feeling some river time is in our near future!

Still need the knee wall topper so they can tie the tile into that, but grout next wek for sure!
:star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

I like the way you did the wishbone pattern on the floor.

Will finally tested negative this morning…
Loaded 1300 rounds yesterday. 600 today before.

Welcome back

I’m still vanished to the bedroom though.

Here you go Fred…
I never seen anything like that before.

Cool stuff OTC! I got to see a Field Marshall and a Lanz Bulldog at a tractor show in N.D. Plus a few steamers. Really cool engineering on some of the early stuff!!

On that video you linked, the paper he sets on fire acts as a “glow plug” and it is a .12 gauge Blank used to push the piston off tdc.

Here is a good one on an old Case steamer. These folks actually got the blue prints from case and manufactured it from scratch. a true beast.
If nothing else watch at the end around 9;10 at the plow they pull with this monster, back when wood, coal, and water were viable energy sources.
FIRING UP the 150 CASE - The largest steam traction engine in the world prepares for a record pull - YouTube

1 Like

That things a beast…
Where do people get that kind of disposable money and time???

First thing I thought of was the money a project like that would cost.

Per capita North and South Dakota have the largest numbers of millionaires (or did). I guess the long cold winters where you are stuck indoors causes this? Many of the big farmers had work shops to dream about with “toys” galore. Ton’s of rich men with a passion for tinkering. The farmer I had my second job with left for the winters to Florida or Texas.

1 Like

If you love old tractors, some day you’ll have to make your way to the Ford Museum in Michigan. Besides the incredible car and American history there, they have a huge amount of other Americana type things there, including lots of pristine and very early tractors. We’ve wanted to go back since we left it years ago. You can spend a solid day in the museum alone.

1 Like

That’s the first tractor I remember operating the other one was a WD 45 with a hand clutch and swinging tongue

After that we got a tricycle JD 3010 with a front end loader and power steering!!! so we didn’t have to fork manure out of the winter holding shed anymore

Kids today don’t know anything about hard times and work.

My father-in-law had a little train that he would go to all the little parades and festivals. The old farts with their antique tractors would always be there pretty cool stuff.

Have made a new friend.
89-year-old Korean war vet. Silver Star bronze star purple hearts. True badass in this day… Marine…
This old dude is sharpest a tack.
He brought his m1 garand out & showed it me.

I had my ■■■■ finger over the lens when I took a picture of the weapon.

I’d love to see some of the weapons owned by our older generation. I dated a gal Who’s Dad was Aurther Varty and sheriff of Nelson County n.d. First man I saw take a deer past 800 yard, his gun collection was epic.

Always wanted a (and still do) Garand, got a bunch of en bloc clips from WWII and Korean era in vacuum storage. Was given a m1 carbine years ago. Fun rifle to shoot. I love the “metallic” sound it makes while racking a new round. Sure wish I would have stocked up on ammo when it was cheap.

Dang I wish somebody would give me something like that.

This is how you get 70 squares of shingles off and back on in a day with 7 guys… We are hiring. You won’t need go to the gym if you come out here free workout.
Figured out how to post videos. create a link and then load it on your post.

is that your crew? Them boys are getting it!!

I guess not just “given” I did a lot of charity work for it and tried unsuccessfully to refuse it.

1 Like

Yep that my boys.
they’ll run like that all day. If somebody starts slowing down I’ll jump in . They can’t stand when I jump in there and can work just as hard as they can. Especially with me talking s*** the whole time. And then the other guys start talking trash on them. Oh it’s on then…
Gordo there in the striped shirt is one hell of a nailer. He and I had a little contest a while back. Had a 20 square section of roof. He got on one side I got on the other. He beat me by almost a square.
Had to come to Greenville this afternoon but next week I’ll get a video of him shooting . Old boy is a machine.

It’s a shame nobody from this country will get out there and work.

1 Like

Good of you to keep your guys completive at your own exhaustion!!!

I’ve lost hope with every new hire we’ve had over the last year, but we got some Good old Americans that bust arse. Getting up in age, but still kicking but.

Some will disagree, but no question in my mind that this Covid lock down and extra money to sit home and do nothing has put a hurt on work ethic. You reap what you sow. Numbers are just coming out how far behind our school children fell during the covid b.s. lock down.

Exactly right.

Two made it back from Oklahoma Mid America race ok, but this one took a few roll overs off a jump running about 80. Gonna be fun putting it back together after or if we straighten the frame. If nothing else a lot of spare replacement parts.