Projects

Didn’t have the slightest idea what that was. Google.
Oh pretty cool…

Yessir, tired of the spins haha

When you have a couple hundred gallons of paint that accumulated over the years.

If the bike was cranked up & just idling you can’t even hear this little wimpy horn.

1 Like

Installed a handrail for my mom to use. Probably needs to be on there by code really, but she’ll sure appreciate it.:+1:

1 Like

That’s real nice work you did there.

:+1:

Nice. Looks more than sturdy enough. Had to do something similar, Lag screws and hydraulic cement in the brickwork.

Looking good!

Got to look out for Mom…

The guy I bought it from said he got it delivered. Put in his garage. Wife said it was just too big. Insert joke…

Got it for $450

And what this means everything was made in China with the cheapest s*** they could find. Then put it together in the United States.

I think you got a really good deal on the tool box… but yes you are right. Craftsman is not what it was by any means.

You should remember stuff like this from your Harley experience. The entire reason to own a Harley was it was entirely AMERICAN made. Many die hards still won’t admit Honda and other foreign manufacturers supplies a lot of stuff for modern Harley’s.

Those car prices are crazy. I remember standing in the showroom at L.T. Cobb Chevrolet in Corpus Christi, TX with my parents in 1969 who were looking at new station wagons. There was a silver w/red interior Corvette Stingray in the showroom and my brother and I were begging my dad to buy it and not a station wagon. My mom was pregnant with my sister so we needed a bigger car. My dad saw the sticker price and said, “you’d have to be crazy to pay that kind of money for a car”. I believe it was $6,999.

Dfree, they have those things listed in the ranges from $30,000 all the way up to $299,900. One of those things you look back and wish you had a climate controlled building with a variety of late sixty and early 70’s muscle cars in.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chevrolet/corvette/2670957.html

My dad bought Chevy pickup truck in 1971. I remember the truck it was the ugliest baby crap yellow. It listed for $3,100. It was a 1970 model I guess they could not move it. My dad got it for $2,100. Reason I know this I found the paperwork a couple years ago.

Going by Harley this afternoon to pick up some Chrome fork sliders and brake calipers I ordered last week. No good Chrome shops left. Harley does do a good job with their Chrome. See what kind of crap I stir up at the parts counter when I call them Chinese parts.

No doubt Fred. I had a 1970 GTO convertible with a Ram Air IV 400. I saw one in Hemmings Motor News last year for $125,000. Mine wasn’t mint but it was in great shape and I kick myself for selling it. It did attract the ladies at the beach.

Anybody need a kidney I need to sell one…

Oh yeah and $300 for a new back tire.

Don’t be chicken little.
The roof in the picture has storm damage. Someone has went up there and put some plates around the perimeter where the flashing has blew off. Even with the light wind now the membrane is breathing. Lifting up and going back down. Wouldn’t take much for them cinder blocks to come off that roof. I went over and told the maintenance man about it. He said he had put the cinder blocks up there to try to hold the roof down. Told him they’re going to kill somebody. Said no they’re fine they’re helping hold the roof down. I went out to the swimming pool and told everyone they run me off the property.

That much surface area and the wind getting under it. Those cinder blocks aint doing nothing. Good of you to warn people. Right there on the beach it doesn’t take much to get a strong gust.