Put out some Duck Boxes Today

Wood ducks are one of the most delicious things in the wild ! I prefer them med rare grilled hot wrapped in bacon Did you eat a merganser?

2 Likes

It always seemed to me that Duck will dry out very easily when cooking. Wrapping with bacon, onions and constantly basting helps. I never was very good at it so I always ended up making Duck Perloo(sp) along with chicken, various sausages, onion, bell pepper & “Uncle Bens” rice. Makes for pretty good eating. Anymore I don’t hunt ducks so it has devolved to chicken and sausage perlo. Or is it pilau? Shrimp perlo is fun to make too. I like rice.

Remember this

Hunter loves crackpipes but ducks and geese love crockpots

Yes Sir, hard to beat duck 'n rice!

Take this crap to the basement where it belongs… Can’t even discuss duck boxes without inserting politics… Talk about a sickness…

Let me guess the logic,: “well his name is Hunter, so that makes it about hunting”…

Love me some rice, Wish I would have crock potted a goose, or oven bagged it years ago…

I shot that joker, plucked and cooked in oven like a thanksgiving turkey…well, looked awesome, but jerky it was. Tough jerky, lol.

NN

1 Like

Yep, my results were mostly kinda “tough jerky”. Had to cut 'm up and rehabilitate somewhat in de perlo. That did help in getting any shot out of the meat if you missed the hole. All this food talk’s making me think about either making a perlo or maybe gumbo this weekend if the honeydo projects don’t wear me out.

PS: I’m guessing Bay was referring to some duck Hunters have to use some sort of crack pipe heater to stay warm in the blind. If I ever get a duck or goose again I’ll certainly have to try the crockpot.
I just had a random thought; “Crackpot” hmmmm?

I hear ya, bought a big slab of pork belly today that will be cooked at sons house Saturday.

He’s an awesome cook! He will grill it on the Recteq vs frying to make it healthy…lol.

NN

1 Like

I might just go to the Walterboro IGA deli tomorrow and get me some of dem “Fred’s” Pork Chops!
Dey is way better dan Parkers!

Matter of fact, last night, I got my wife an IGA pork chop and some baked chicken for myself. She usually misses some meat on the bone for me to chew on. Sheet, she hardly left any pork chop bone at all for me to gnaw on. What’s this world coming to! My dogs were sad too!

Although I tend to agree, who are you to demand respect, here?

Like Carlin said, “It’s a club, and you ain’t in it”

Carry on…

Why would I want to be in a loser club… These so-called “club members” are all a bunch of “Dangerfields”…

Bye…
C
H
A
R
A
C
T
E
R
S

Time for your check-up with Dr. Vinnie Boombatz… :rofl:

Never be in it…

You made your own bed…

And, resting well in it… So comfy… :joy:

If you’d quite buying that junk from the “My Pillow Guy”, maybe you could get some sleep and wouldn’t always be so grumpy…

Ducks, ducks, we wuz talking 'bout ducks. So where did this Rare Booby Fulvous Loon fly in from?

Oh, look at the time I got to go feed the dogs. Hope it’s not canned horse or donkey.

I had a random thought “Assburgers” hmmmm

I gotta go fix me a cold toddy

Guys, I’ve had tame duck roasted by mom in a roaster bag and so so… not great but eatable. A couple of years ago I was introduced to duck breast (mostly summer ducks) sautéed medium rare and I was hooked… freaking fantastic!!! like tender sirloin tips.

No doubt your wife’s specialty… :rofl: