Spurrier

Worst play calling I have ever witnessed. Amateur. 2 timeouts on 4th and 2 ? WTF was that? Passing was off all day. 5:30 to go and it is 1st and 10 on the 12 yard line and throw 3 straight passes? Run the (**() ball morons ! Spurrier takes the blame on this one. He should donate his pay for this game to charity.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

Agree man those two wasted timeouts while he was laughing about it was real bad.
Sounded really loud in there probably a big reason they were off on offense.

Awful coaching

Congrats to Tenn. Withstood the momentum shift, made bigger plays when it mattered, won the turnover battle, and did less stupid stuff (including coaching). Hopefully SC gets their heads on right, but they just got beat today.

quote:
Originally posted by CooperRiverMan

Worst play calling I have ever witnessed. Amateur. 2 timeouts on 4th and 2 ? WTF was that? Passing was off all day. 5:30 to go and it is 1st and 10 on the 12 yard line and throw 3 straight passes? Run the (**() ball morons ! Spurrier takes the blame on this one. He should donate his pay for this game to charity.

No way you can claim that…

Still feel the same about “gamecocking”

Ankona Cayenne
60 hp E-Tec

“There is something about hunting those fish that will stick with me and my future fishing plans like a bad case of striper herpes”
-SCOF

Number 8 for the vols, north, is pretty amazing. He was close to coming to Clemson before committing to Tenn. Bummer.

quote:
Originally posted by SirSpear

Congrats to Tenn. Withstood the momentum shift, made bigger plays when it mattered, won the turnover battle, and did less stupid stuff (including coaching). Hopefully SC gets their heads on right, but they just got beat today.

I gotta disagree with this one. I feel really bad for the players after that one. All they had to do was get a couple of first downs in 2 possessions and the game was over. Tennessee should have never gotten back in that ball game after Carolina started rolling in the 3rd quarter. CPM, you hit the nail on the head!

Proud of my Vols. I will never like Spurrier, my parents went to high school with him and he was a pompous ass back then. Props to Shaw, he is a great QB and I hope his injury doesn’t keep him off the field that long.

Great win for Tennessee. The Vols should hopefully build off this win and bring Tennessee football back to being relevant. I think everyone knew that SC playing lackluster in the beginnings of games would bite them this year. Today it did. Third down conversions, a weak kicking game, and penalties are the contributing factors to this loss. Play calling wasn’t ideal, but the level of effort and mental errors had more to do with the final score in my opinion.

The only positive that came out of today’s game for SC fans was the fact that Clowney was much improved and was playing aggressive. LBs and secondary still have work to do.

Congratulations Tennessee.

www.baturinphotography.com

This one was on Spurrier.

Play calling was bad from the 1st quarter.

It continued to the end of the game.

Clock management?

How in the world do you prepare for UT at Neyland, knowing it will be loud, and come out like that?

Terrible preparation.

quote:
Originally posted by RADDADDY
quote:

I gotta disagree with this one. I feel really bad for the players after that one. All they had to do was get a couple of first downs in 2 possessions and the game was over. Tennessee should have never gotten back in that ball game after Carolina started rolling in the 3rd quarter. CPM, you hit the nail on the head!

How you can you say “I feel bad for the players” and then say “all they needed were a few first downs.” Are the players not responsible for getting first downs?

When Tenn needed a huge 3rd down conversion North hauled in a great catch. We never did that. We had more penalties. We had more turnovers. Playcalling was bad, but I don’t see how you can possibly say this. When it was crunch time, they made big plays. We didn’t. That’s really all there is to it

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RADDADDY
quote:

How you can you say “I feel bad for the players” and then say “all they needed were a few first downs.” Are the players not responsible for getting first downs?

When Tenn needed a huge 3rd down conversion North hauled in a great catch. We never did that. We had more penalties. We had more turnovers. Playcalling was bad, but I don’t see how you can possibly say this. When it was crunch time, they made big plays. We didn’t. That’s really all there is to it

Just like you said, it's called PLAYCALLING ie.- coaching. Yes, they made a huge (lucky) play, but it would have been a moot point if GURU offensive coordinator Spurrier could have gotten (called the right plays) a few first downs in 2 possessions down the stretch.

Just realized we pulled a Clemson. Pathetic coaching. Spurrier even said that during the halftime interview. What did he do different? One of the best backs in the nation and you don’t let him run to kill the clock? A 5 year old girl knows the right play call. Pathetic .

Looked to me like early on Shaw was off the mark. They did try to run some screens and plays to neutralize Tennesee’s blitzes, but Shaw did not hit the targets and while there were some dropped passes he did not seem to be on his game at all for most of the game. Where are the tight ends? The end of the game was a joke.

I just hope Spurrier realizes that a scholarship sitting on the bench doesn’t help the kicking game. Walk on are good but 36 yard punts doesn’t cut it in college football! He hates to use scholarships for kickers.

War Eagle 115 yamaha 4 stroke

Nice to see my VOLS get a win like that. TN didn’t win because of Spurrier’s mistakes. That was just a good ole fashioned SEC game with a good number of momentum changes. TN did a good job, especially in the first half, of keeping Shaw from using his legs. He was off target on several throws but we kept getting pressure in there and were able to keep containment on him. It feels good to see the UT program back on the rise and we look forward to bringing more recruits out of SC up to Knoxville.
I’ve always had a good time with SC fans and hope y’all can maintain a high level of success, it makes the games more fun that way.

quote:
Originally posted by TMan5000

Nice to see my VOLS get a win like that. TN didn’t win because of Spurrier’s mistakes. That was just a good ole fashioned SEC game with a good number of momentum changes. TN did a good job, especially in the first half, of keeping Shaw from using his legs. He was off target on several throws but we kept getting pressure in there and were able to keep containment on him. It feels good to see the UT program back on the rise and we look forward to bringing more recruits out of SC up to Knoxville.
I’ve always had a good time with SC fans and hope y’all can maintain a high level of success, it makes the games more fun that way.

The players lost the game but IGNORANT play calling didnt help. Run the (**() ball with 5:30 left. Try and run the time way down. That is bush league coaching. Congrats on the win.

quote:
Originally posted by CooperRiverMan Congrats on the win.

Thanks! I believe this win meant a ton for all UT fans and for the rebuilding of the program. I think it’s pretty cool to see the range of emotions that we go through with our college football teams we love and hate. I’ve always thought that USC fans were pretty good because you guys stuck with the team during the lean years. I’ve grown up and live in Nashville and let me tell you a terrible fanbase is Vandy. They cannot even get 30k fans to a “big” game. I would much rather see USC do well than Georgia anyways! I have always had some issues with GA fans so I love beating them. Clemson I have no beef with other than I used to date a girl from there and she was a total B. As a TN fan I knew we would not stay down forever and we have a long ways to go but it looks like Butch has us heading in the right direction.

Just curious as to how everyone is feeling about Spurrier this week?.. I’m not being sarcastic…seriously!

Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
Nido Qubein
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_inspirational.html#Ke3iSXsUtBJ1HUAv.99

Honestly, I wonder if he has the same fire in his belly that he used to have. I have not been real fond of his play-calling. He seems intent in not losing rather than winning. Honestly.

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.