Staying or Going???

Looting may be a stretch but I have a close friend in LEO for the city and he said there have already been multiple calls about burglaries and/or shady people who don’t belong in those areas that are up to no good.

The democrats would like to remind everyone that the term “looters” is offensive. They ask that you refer to them as “opportunists”

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

The democrats would like to remind everyone that the term “looters” is offensive. They ask that you refer to them as “opportunists”

"1080p challenged"

Ill be here in west ashley. Maybe half or more of the neighbors are gone. Havent seen any looting activity, and there is a very strong LEO presence. Looters would be very foolish to try anything with so much LEO around

Sent my best gal and dog that’s chf away from the coast. My suburban is in the garage which if you know me, is unheard of. 300 lbs of ice,generator that works, 10 gallons of fuel. I am a little worried about my boat. Not owning a trailer sucks and I had to leave it on a jet dock at a marina.

We are on James Island. Neighborhood is at 50% capacity. Lots of LEO. We are well provisioned. Good luck to all.

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Sent my best gal and dog that’s chf away from the coast. My suburban is in the garage which if you know me, is unheard of. 300 lbs of ice,generator that works, 10 gallons of fuel. I am a little worried about my boat. Not owning a trailer sucks and I had to leave it on a jet dock at a marina.

You might want to bring those water coolers and trash cans inside.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Shhhhh… He’s got this, remember?

Latest track showing it moving right into Charleston, pretty much buzzing the jetties. Get out while you still can, people!

http://my.sfwmd.gov/sfwmd/common/images/weather/plots/storm_14.gif

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Just thinking about the neighbors windows.

If anyone is still thinking of leaving, as of about 15 minutes ago 26 from Charleston to Columbia traffic was great. They have already switched the lanes back to normal.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

You would have to be an idiot to think those were left outside...nevermind

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Staying on DI. One of the few

21 Contender

I have about 75+ family/extended family in Charleston and have only heard of one family of five with small kids leaving, so thats about 5 out of 50+. Driving through 2 neighborhoods in Mt. P today (Park West and Dunes West) about 4pm leaving gf’s house and I’d say about 2/3rds of the houses were occupied, had cars in the driveway, and that was prob 150-250 houses. I would be surprised if more than 1/3rd of Charleston County left for this storm when all is said and done.

Getting home is going to be tough. Hopefully everything is easy for all of us.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Hopefully there won’t be many closed roads. Also, hopefully this thing drops to Cat 1 or less Before charleston. I don’t want to start over on the house!

Just lost power in West Ashley.

Got the genny going running the fridge, a lamp, wireless router, laptop, phone chargers, cordless tool chargers, 12V battery charger. Genny should burn 4 gallons per 10 hours at my load. I’ve got plenty of fuel.

I can unload and run fridge and AC at same time…think we’ll survive tonight as long as **** don’t get crazy.

Ya’ll be safe out there…

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Knock on wood, power still on here on Johns Island (Stonoveiw). I just put the foulies on and walked down to the river. Windy and rainy but not too bad yet.

Power back on! WOOHOO!!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Consolidate some food in a cooler or one of your freezers. Put.everything else.in your deep.freezer. Hopefully you have made some block ice and leave that in deep freezer. Eat good in frig first, then first freezer, then you have the deep freezer.