Storm reports and pictures.

I offered up use of two skiffs to the Summerville chief of police, but he declined

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

In 1994, Hurricane Alberto parked over Central Georgia and dumped approx 36" of rain in about 24 hours. I did insurance claims where flood damaged home miles from creeks and rivers. Most of those people didn’t have flood insurance. I came home from that storm and put a flood policy on my home and told anyone that would listen to me to get and keep flood insurance.

I’m afraid that most of the people in SC that have had flood damage don’t have flood insurance. It’s gonna be bad folks.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 20 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 17 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

quote:
Originally posted by claim

In 1994, Hurricane Alberto parked over Central Georgia and dumped approx 36" of rain in about 24 hours. I did insurance claims where flood damaged home miles from creeks and rivers. Most of those people didn’t have flood insurance. I came home from that storm and put a flood policy on my home and told anyone that would listen to me to get and keep flood insurance.

I’m afraid that most of the people in SC that have had flood damage don’t have flood insurance. It’s gonna be bad folks.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 20 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 17 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Yes. And if you’re not in a flood zone, flood insurance is pretty cheap from what I understand.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

My favorite one.

John

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

good work John…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Road to our house.

‘87 Pacemaker 31’ SF
‘04 Renegade 29’ 2 225’s
‘97 Maycraft 17’ 40 hp

quote:
I offered up use of two skiffs to the Summerville chief of police, but he declined

I offered my skiff, designed for surf rescue, my dog who has rescue experience, and myself. I was told to stay home.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:

I offered my skiff, designed for surf rescue, my dog who has rescue experience, and myself. I was told to stay home.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

That’s crazy. Looks like they could really use you especially in the mid-state.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Chief Owens asked you to stay home?

It may be a bit of liability issue?

Go out on your own, you may be ok, go with “officials”, maybe not ok.

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Upper Ashley area is in bad shape. Hwy 61 is about to be flooded at Slann’s bridge. Jessen Landing is under a LOT of water

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

I rode down 17A in Summerville this afternoon right before they closed the bridge. Water was up to the bottom of the bridge and the amount of water along the road ways is scary. There is going to be major problems when the Edisto River crest.

Columbia area around Lower Richland, Forest Acres, Lake Katherine, Rosewood at Garners Ferry, NE Polo Rd and Hard Scrabble, Monticello at I20, Monticello at Fairfield County Line, … geez … We are a totally disaster stricken area. Hard to find a way out of or around anywhere.

All roads crossing the Edisto around Orangeburg are closed. Water is up over most of the bridges and the ones downstream are soon to be that way also. My wife made it across this morning headed to work and 15 minutes later they closed the road. She just made it home by coming across the south fork between Bamberg and Branchvile, but that probably won’t be open much longer.

Everyone downstream near the river needs to get out if you already haven’t.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I’ve still got a dam good boat, loaded and ready, a dam good dog and we can handle any water. If I can be of help to anybody call me. I can be there inside of 4 hours.

912 six five five 56seven4

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Father in law with friends have what they called river shack on saluda in Columbia few miles below the (**() and told me today it’s gone along with the boats that we’re sitting in the shed… So much damage throughout the areas really hard to believe. Thought and prayers go out to all…

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200

They are predicting the Edisto to go to 15.7 feet by Saturday. Flood level is 10.0’.

Nothing like kicking people when they are down… some of the homes that where evacuated in shadowmoss and other areas have now been looted. I’d like to put some good old country boy justice on those POS thieves.

Keep an eye out for your neighbors and those who can’t be in their homes!

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats

quote:
Originally posted by Apickett

I rode down 17A in Summerville this afternoon right before they closed the bridge. Water was up to the bottom of the bridge and the amount of water along the road ways is scary. There is going to be major problems when the Edisto River crest.

We must have been close to each other Andy. We barely made it back before they closed it. Right now I’m not sure how you can get across the Ashley without going west a long way. The water was rising fast in the woods and about to go over the road when we passed

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

DFreedom gone silent.

Hope its just a double shift. Hope yall are good

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”