quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel
quote:
Originally posted by mcvlbound
quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife
quote:

How about if a brown Muslim kid brought a small pressure cooker to school and said it held his lunch? How should that be handled?

Exactly the same as if a white, black, Asian, etc. kid brought a small pressure cooker to school. I think it’s fine to investigate. Arresting any kid for having a clock is ludicrous unless there is more to the story.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

Here’s Ahmed’s clock. I’m sorry but it looks more like a bomb than it does a clock.

You ever seen a bomb? Box with wires doesn't qualify, otherwise we need to start arresting every Muslim with a computer.

He’s an aspiring engineer that brought it in, showed it to his engineering professor, and then the other teachers freaked out. They handcuffed and arrested a 14 year old kid with a NASA t-shirt on. The fact you think that’s okay is disturbing too.

“Edaniel is a compromising liberal, according to past threads, so consider that info here too.” - mac daddy

The story I heard was that he showed his science teacher and

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How about if a brown Muslim kid brought a small pressure cooker to school and said it held his lunch? How should that be handled?

Exactly the same as if a white, black, Asian, etc. kid brought a small pressure cooker to school. I think it’s fine to investigate. Arresting any kid for having a clock is ludicrous unless there is more to the story.

Here’s Ahmed’s clock. I’m sorry but it looks more like a bomb than it does a clock.

You ever seen a bomb? Box with wires doesn't qualify, otherwise we need to start arresting every Muslim with a computer.

He’s an aspiring engineer that brought it in, showed it to his engineering professor, and then the other teachers freaked out. They handcuffed and arrested a 14 year old kid with a NASA t-shirt on. The fact you think that’s okay is disturbing too.

"Edaniel is a compromising liberal, according to past threads, so consider that inf

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He’s an aspiring engineer that brought it in, showed it to his engineering professor, and then the other teachers freaked out. They handcuffed and arrested a 14 year old

quote:

This type of fear leads to 14 year old kid who want to grow up to be engineers being arrested because they’re Muslim, and made the mistake of bringing a homemade clock to school.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/northwest-dallas-county/headlines/20150915-irving-ninth-grader-arrested-after-taking-homemade-clock-to-school.ece

Bet some of you guys are okay with that too.

“Edaniel is a compromising liberal, according to past threads, so consider that info here too.” - mac daddy

Esisto, Muslim black yellow brown or white, did you see the clock? In today’s times I think the right measures were taken. That was a stupidity on the kids part.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67 Esisto, Muslim black yellow brown or white, did you see the clock? In today's times I think the right measures were taken. That was a stupidity on the kids part.

Fred, do you honestly think he deserved to be arrested? I can understand the teacher’s caution, and the principal’s. I can even understand that they’d call the police to come check the clock out just to be safe. But once it was determined that it was just a clock, the police should have left the school and the school should have confiscated the clock until school was over that day (if it bothered them so much), and Ahmed should have been allowed to return to class. Maybe there was some violation of school rules that Ahmed violated; if so then the school can enforce that without having the kid arrested. I mean, if a kid can get expelled for drawing a picture of a gun then maybe some schools have rules against building homemade clocks. It’s a crazy world.

Stop, hey, what’s that sound? Just America circling the bowl. It’s sad.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67 Esisto, Muslim black yellow brown or white, did you see the clock? In today's times I think the right measures were taken. That was a stupidity on the kids part.

Fred, do you honestly think he deserved to be arrested? I can understand the teacher’s caution, and the principal’s. I can even understand that they’d call the police to come check the clock out just to be safe. But once it was determined that it was just a clock, the police should have left the school and the school should have confiscated the clock until school was over that day (if it bothered them so much), and Ahmed should have been allowed to return to class. Maybe there was some violation of school rules that Ahmed violated; if so then the school can enforce that without having the kid arrested. I mean, if a kid can get expelled for drawing a picture of a gun then maybe some schools have rules against building homemade clocks. It’s a crazy world.

Stop, hey, what’s that sound? Just America circling the bowl. It’s sad.

I did not realize he was arrested. I agree things are getting carried away. I just think the suitcase clock was much more extreme than a pop tart gun or a drawn picture of one.

Reading more on it I think it was more that his suitcase looked like a bomb than the fact he happened to be Muslim. Got to admit this is a situation that deserved looking into with all the tragedies happening in our schools.

http://www.infowars.com/top-iman-muslim-migrants-should-breed-with-europeans-to-conquer-their-countries/

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

http://www.infowars.com/top-iman-muslim-migrants-should-breed-with-europeans-to-conquer-their-countries/

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Good grief... Yeah, because every hot European chick can't wait to get their legs wrapped around a Syrian refugee... Most of the dudes on this forum want to have a child with Sofia Vergara, but for some reason, I don't think it's going to happen...

skinneej. 99% of the men in this country would marry the same woman if they had the chance! Jessica Alba:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Fred67[/i
Well, I don't know about needing to speak English or applying for citizenship. But, I wouldn't be opposed to a polygraph, "Do you hate America?" "Do you want to kill infidels?", etc... I would not be opposed to that... You want refuge? Answer some questions...

That being said, why citizenship? Why not just offer assylum until Syria has stabilized and then start shipping them back home?

You guys are making this too complicated.

Not too complicated. Just thinking ahead. If we bring refugees in do you really think Syria will ever stabilize enough to ship them back? Do you think the liberals will let us ship them back? Learning to speak English while in America is not a bad thing. You spent some time down around Miami, how many citizens can’t speak English down that way?

As for the polygraph test. Excellent idea.

What’s wrong with setting up Internment Camps, like was done with the Japanese during WWII? Keep the refugees there until Homeland Security vets their intentions.
It would give a purpose for all of those left over FEMA trailers from Katrina. I don’t see why we can’t clear off about 200 acres of Edisto Island for the camp. Preferably close to the beach so that they can have a nice place for recreation and cook pits.

Better yet! Reopen Ft. Ord, California! That place was closed in 1994 and there was talk of moving homeless from LA down there! Heck it’s right next to Pebble Beach Country Club on the Monterey Peninsula! They had just built brand new family housing on base and it was some of the most beautiful military housing, I’ve ever seen! There will be plenty of work for them! They could learn to caddy and run mowers on the golf courses! I’m sure they would be welcomed with open arms by the Liberals out there!

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
quote:
Well, I don't know about needing to speak English or applying for citizenship. But, I wouldn't be opposed to a polygraph, "Do you hate America?" "Do you want to kill infidels?", etc... I would not be opposed to that... You want refuge? Answer some questions...

That being said, why citizenship? Why not just offer assylum until Syria has stabilized and then start shipping them back home?

Not too complicated. Just thinking ahead. If we bring refugees in do you really think Syria will ever stabilize enough to ship them back?

I have no idea. I assume so.

quote:
Do you think the liberals will let us ship them back?

Uhhh… YES. This happens pretty much every single day in the US. Many people come over on 2 year work visas. If they don’t have a company willing to sponsor them at the end of those 2 years, they are required to go back home. In this case, give them a 2 year work visa so they can find a job here… At the end of 2 years, we can re-evaluate the current situation, or they might have saved up enough money to move anywhere they want.

<bl

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
quote:

Not too complicated. Just thinking ahead. If we bring refugees in do you really think Syria will ever stabilize enough to ship them back?

I have no idea. I assume so.

Nither does anyone else.

quote:
Do you think the liberals will let us ship them back?

Uhhh… YES. This happens pretty much every single day in the US. Many people come over on 2 year work visas. If they don’t have a company willing to sponsor them at the end of those 2 years, they are required to go back home. In this case,

Yeah, but the polygraph would be voluntary… You want to come to USA, then volunteer for the “screening”! You don’t want to do the screening, then please remove yourself from the line and have a good day!

quote:
Learning to speak English while in America is not a bad thing. You spent some time down around Miami, how many citizens can't speak English down that way?

Hmmmm… I’ve always thought this was a weird attitude. I personally am WAYYYYYY grateful when I go into another non-English speaking country and someone speaks English… When I go to Mexico to fish, I’ve never had 1 latino tell me, “You are in Mexico, you need to learn to speak Spanish if you want to fish here!!!”… As history will have it, economics usually drives language. Whatever civilization is at the center of trade, is usually the dominant language. At this rate, 50 years from now, your kids and grand kids might be studying mandarin Chinese.

I’ve been working with immigrants for the last 25 years. Something that I have clearly noticed is that the immigrants who learn to speak English, seem to go farther and do a whole lot better financially than those that don’t.
Evidently the same powerful folks that seem to embrace language diversity, don’t seem to have the time to figure out what the broken english speaking individual sitting in on their meeting is trying to say.
It appears to me that the liberal movement to encourage language diversity, as opposed to encouraging swift adoption of English as the predominant language for everyone in this country, is really just a disguised way to hinder the socio-economics of the immigrant community.
In other words, businesses are taking advantage of immigrants in any way that they can. The last thing that they want is for the immigrants to become “Americanized”.
Not speaking English is a weakness that they can exploit, so the longer that they can keep their immigrant workers disadvantaged by their native language, the better.
That’s how it works in the real world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240010/Number-refugees-arriving-Europe-soars-85-year-just-one-five-war-torn-Syria.html

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240010/Number-refugees-arriving-Europe-soars-85-year-just-one-five-war-torn-Syria.html

Answer in 3...2...1...

Polygraph

The bottom line:

There are successful nations on Earth with high average socio-economic status. These are desirable locations for immigrants on an economic / quality of life basis. They are, primarily:
USA, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, South Korea

The last two, South Korea and Japan, basically have policies which prevent immigration since keeping their culture and language homogenous and avoiding social disruption is important to them. China could be added to this list in the future, but they will probably be like South Korea and Japan in terms of immigration.

Singapore is awash in foreigners and it’s a major political issue there (5 million people in the country, only 3.5 million Singaporean citizens). They don’t accept refugees.

So that leaves the first five.

Isn’t it obvious to state that all the poor in the world can’t move to these five locations? And if they do, those places will no longer be desirable?
And yet opening the doors just encourages that very thing.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

quote:
Originally posted by Native_Son

The bottom line:

There are successful nations on Earth with high average socio-economic status. These are desirable locations for immigrants on an economic / quality of life basis. They are, primarily:
USA, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, South Korea

The last two, South Korea and Japan, basically have policies which prevent immigration since keeping their culture and language homogenous and avoiding social disruption is important to them. China could be added to this list in the future, but they will probably be like South Korea and Japan in terms of immigration.

Singapore is awash in foreigners and it’s a major political issue there (5 million people in the country, only 3.5 million Singaporean citizens). They don’t accept refugees.

So that leaves the first five.

Isn’t it obvious to state that all the poor in the world can’t move to these five locations? And if they do, those places will no longer be desirable?
And yet opening the doors just encourages that very thing.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

10,000 people is "opening the doors"? We already let 100,000 "mooslims" in this country each year. Using some of that pre-existing allocation to help out with the Syrian crisis will not change anything. It's not like they can just hop on a canoe and paddle over here like in Cuba. This whole thing is just "scary" islamaphobia rhetoric from the anti-Obama crowd. Don't get me wrong. I strongly dislike Obama, but this is a huge crisis and we can't just turn our backs on everyone all the time...