Tell me you're local without saying it

Still have some today thanks to Myrtle Beach crowds, and in Calabash too.

Carolina Beach and Morehead City still running too, can’t understand why none in Charleston either.

Course, today’s prices make it even more of a challenge than before, and of course, as Fred stated, size limits killing EVERYONE too.

“Sounds real good!”

The Flying Dutchman.

Myskyns.

Eckerds drug store

Berkeley Drugs in Hanahan had some serious fishing tackle.

If they do, let’s do it! When the weather warms up a bit.

Not that I ever or would ever use one, but what about the one hour hotel rentals on Spruill avenue? + the gals that walked the area.

1 Like

Dad won it one time… it was a proud moment that he didn’t let people forget.

I had forgotten about that.

Wow… you just dusted some cobwebs! Billy Bob Brockali

The pizza was just a bit grease though. :grinning:

1 Like

Cruising the strip, between Roberts and Nichols.

JM Fields and Miller’s department store with the big super slide. Where 526 crosses Rivers.Western Auto by the rr track. Kangaroo Lounge.

Oh yeah forgot about watching old cowboy movies while enjoying Village Inn Pizza.

The first meeting of Save the Light. It was me and my next door neighbor drinking a beer in her backyard and discussing an ad she had seen that day. Oddly enough, the first time I went to Morris Island was as a teen with the previous owner, Speedy Feckel. He also owned Angel Oak until Nazi Joe Riley took it from to get a foothold onto Johns Island.

I wonder how many hard working men and women Joe Riley has displaced from their inheritance?

1 Like

I’d like to hear that story. Didn’t know that.

I was related to Speedy, through marriage, for the last 30 years until he passed.

A very interesting man, and we spent many an afternoon at holidays and weekend cookouts, talking. I can’t/won’t discuss other issues at this time.

I CAN say, in my experience, he was good, gentle, kind and caring man. I wish he’d have been my grandfather!

Y’all fill in blanks or correct me. The story I was told was Riley approached Speedy and Speedy refused to sell. Riley told him he would do whatever in his power to take it away to include eminent domain. Riley being the big realestate man knew the area was going to grow and property prices would skyrocket. He increased property taxes and Speedy lost Angle Oak to delinquent taxes rather than Riley’s threat and push for eminent domain, since that was getting a lot of negative response from locals.

If you do some searching it says the City of Charleston bought the property from the original owner Justice Angle and completely ignores "Speedy’s"ownership from 1964-1991. If some of you remember we had t.v. poles with 90% against City take over, but Riley said his mail showed different. I did meet Speedy once and he really seemed sincere on his love for the Tree and keeping healthy for all to see.

Look what I found in the back of the closet

Titty bar?

Yes…………………