Too Close

quote:
Originally posted by HannahK

Thank you for being respectful with your answer, I appreciate it, and I am sorry that I came off a little bit hot headed. I do understand what you all are saying, but I still will defend my own to the end. Honestly, it probably would be funny if there were a bunch of pictures of people. We have “FashionPolice” websites here at school and they make fun of what people are wearing. It might have just been the context, but I really do appreciate you being respectful back to me. :slight_smile:

5 pages minimum now after this post.

“Banana Pants”
Indigo Bay 170
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

My boat for all to see.

If I am poling please give me a mile in front I dont care about behind there will be fish there too, I promise. Anchored or trolling motor far enough so I cant throw a 1/8 ounce jig over your boat.

I was thinking 1/2oz jig head … must be using a 7’ rod

experience noun \ik-#712;spir–#601;n(t)s

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

The Golden Rule sez politely ask the 1st anglers on the good spot IF you can anchor nearby. If they say ok then drop anchor quietly. If they say no then find another spot.

quote:
Considering the fact that I am a college student, I have a clue.

Funniest thing I have read this week. Because ALL college students have a clue.

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

One word “Clueless” Defend Stepdad but Stepdad was wrong !!! Anyone that has fished for even just a little while knows that this is unacceptable and should be viewed as so, now for posting the pic to each its own but I am sure he has had this happen to him more than he cares to think about. My general rule is if I can hit you with my lure your to close.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:

Funniest thing I have read his week. Because ALL college students have a clue.

You beat me to it Doug. That’s pretty funny stuff right there. I have met some VERY educated people that were clueless about the “real” world.

19’ Sea-Pro CC
“Swagger Wagon”
Yamaha 115 - 2 stroke
14’ CMF Skiff
25 Johnson - 2 stroke
14’ Heritage Redfish

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
Ernest Hemingway

quote:
Originally posted by Salty Nuts

Couple of questions/comments:

1. Do y’all find it odd that mr bigskrimpin hasn’t responded to any of these posts

2. The way the boat is laid up it appears to be an incoming tide so the anchor is even farther away

3. It’s either a really crappy camera or mr big was a good ways off.

4. Why wouldn’t mr big just man up and talk to the guys in the boat rather than hide behind a forum and post their picture?

5. A fishing report normally has pictures of fish? Got any pics of those 30 trout ore big reds?

6. Since you didn’t man up and talk to the guys, please post a pic of your boat and the required distance you prefer folks to stay away.

It all sounds kinda fishy to me so maybe this is a genuine fishing report.

Welcome to the site. Nice first post. You wouldn't go by the name "stepdad" by any chance would you?

www.advoutdoors.com
It is what it is!

Cap Fritz, thanks for the welcome to the site. I’ve read this site for years and enjoyed most of it except for posts like this. I kinda feel bad for joining in but I hate to see “road rage like” attitudes and tempers take over inshore fishing. I’m not “stepdad” in the context of this post but I am proud to be a stepdad.

Cell phones have become a necessity and when properly used can be a life saver and a good way to document our outdoor adventures. My opinion is that taking pictures and posting in this manner is counterproductive and not very considerate. I’m merely suggesting that we all man up and communicate in person in a respectful manner if we believe we someone encroaches upon our space in the outdoors.

I’m guessing you are a charter captain and would not be bothered at all if I unknowingly pulled up on a spot you were fishing and you came over and said “hey I have a charter and we’re on some fish right where you anchored up.” This is all I’m suggesting…

As for this thread, both of the guys have pics of each other’s boat and maybe they can meet up again sometime and mr big can offer up an apology of the way he handled the situation. None of us own the fish, but all of us (me included) can learn to take a deep breath and think before we post. As for this post, i think the OP should offer up an apology and request the admin to delete.

The best posts on this site are from pen fisher documenting her experiences on the water with her dad! Enough of this rubbish! Good fishing to you all…

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
Originally posted by Salty Nuts

Couple of questions/comments:

1. Do y’all find it odd that mr bigskrimpin hasn’t responded to any of these posts

2. The way the boat is laid up it appears to be an incoming tide so the anchor is even farther away

3. It’s either a really crappy camera or mr big was a good ways off.

4. Why wouldn’t mr big just man up and talk to the guys in the boat rather than hide behind a forum and post their picture?

5. A fishing report normally has pictures of fish? Got any pics of those 30 trout ore big reds?

6. Since you didn’t man up and talk to the guys, please post a pic of your boat and the required distance you prefer folks to stay away.

It all sounds kinda fishy to me so maybe this is a genuine fishing report.

Welcome to the site. Nice first post. You wouldn't go by the name "stepdad" by any chance would you?

www.advoutdoors.com
It is what it is!

Either that or Stepdad’s friend just created an Alias…

HannanK, does this college you attend give refunds?

Key West 19’6" CC 115hp Merc
14’ Fast Craft w/ 60hp Merc

quote:
Originally posted by TexasRed
quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:

Funniest thing I have read his week. Because ALL college students have a clue.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

You beat me to it Doug

when I was 19 and in college I knew everything about everything…and even I knew to keep my distance from another boat posted up and fishing…maybe I just went to the right skool :wink:

y’all keep at it…I’m getting some popcorn…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

You are trying to make a distinction between a picture of your stepdad on here and the fact that what he did was inconsiderate by saying you aren’t defending him you are only upset that the picture was up. That is one in the same. The picture is up because he did something inconsiderate so stop trying to make a distinction between the two. You came on here because you were mad someone was bashing your stepdad…which they have a right to do. So dont hide behind the false front that you were upset a random picture of him was on the internet…99% of the people on this forum have no idea who is in that boat so its not like his identity was outed. Its a free country and its OP’s opinion that your stepdad was being inconsiderate.

Your stepdad needs to learn some courtesy on the water. Just because you are a college student doesn’t mean you know the first thing about etiquette on the water. One isn’t a by product of the other.

it took me many years to learn when to just keep my mouth shut instead of going back and forth. Everytime I tried to up the other person it showed more about me than the other.

The to other lesson I learned as a kid was walking in a cow pasture and kicking a big cow pile. Well, it did not stink before I kicked it, but it was pretty awful after kicking it.

I think poor Hannah kicked a cow pile, and then kicked it again several times.

Pure fishing courtesy is to keep way away from other boats even if they are sitting on “my” sacred spot. They got there first. This is a very common rule of fishing.

01 Hewes Redfisher, 90 Yam 2 Strk

quote:
You are trying to make a distinction between a picture of your stepdad on here and the fact that what he did was inconsiderate by saying you aren't defending him you are only upset that the picture was up. That is one in the same. The picture is up because he did something inconsiderate so stop trying to make a distinction between the two. You came on here because you were mad someone was bashing your stepdad...which they have a right to do. So dont hide behind the false front that you were upset a random picture of him was on the internet...99% of the people on this forum have no idea who is in that boat so its not like his identity was outed. Its a free country and its OP's opinion that your stepdad was being inconsiderate.

Your stepdad needs to learn some courtesy on the water. Just because you are a college student doesn’t mean you know the first thing about etiquette on the water. One isn’t a by product of the other.

I think we have a winner…unless a “new” member has something else they would like to say?

If anyone wants to share their fishing spots or their family’s fishing spots I’d really appreciate it. I can accept them in the form of pictures, coordinates, landmarks or descriptions. I’m mostly interested in the charleston area though. For everyone else, motor over and we’ll fish any spot I’m on together but please BYOAnchor/Beer…I’ll be the one with the dirty paddle from getting stuck in the mud.

Hannah, newsflash, your stepdad behaved like a low-class individual and he’s getting called out for it. College student or not, you need to wise up and cut your losses when your friends or loved ones “act a fool.” You should be directing your anger at your stepdad.

quote:
when I was 19 and in college I knew everything about everything

Me too Bonzo. Except I was in Vietnam at 19. Now that I’m 60 with a college education, I’ve learned that I don’t know much about anything anymore, except I do know a little more about fishing and boats than I did back then.

quote:
I am also not a young girl, but thanks for the compliment I guess?

I wish I was 19 again. You are a young girl :smiley: Add 41 more to it and your perspective changes a bit :wink:

If anybody ever thinks that I’m fishing too close, please talk to me. I won’t ever get closer than talking distance without asking first. I assure you that before we ever get to the point of mad, we can talk it out and resolve it to the satisfaction of both parties.
If you ain’t happy after that, feel free to post pictures of me in the hall of shame. This is my boat. If you see it and I’m bothering you, please tell me and I’ll quit. There ain’t but another million acres of marsh to fish out there. I answer to hollers, VHF 16 and 68, I’m open to discussion :sunglasses: We’ve all got to share and I’m easy :sunglasses: And Dang glad that I don’t only have one spot to fish every trip :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

This is stepdad and I just sat back to see the comments that might be made about the this post. U don’t know me but my step daughter knows me well and as u can see she if very out spoken and loves me. Everyone that has made a comment about this should know that there are 2 tails to every story. This ant about HANNAH its about me! Did I make a mistake, maybe but I would guess its would be what boat you were in. I have fished there many times and if someone was anchored I would ask do u mind if I could anchor here and never had a problem. The young guys were trolling and I assumed that they would troll by me and my guest and there would not be a problem I guess I assumed wrong. There were some comments that were made that offended me and my guest but I asked the young guy excuse me sir what did u say
(no comment) A picture doesn’t always say a thousand words. Some of u guys need to man up and apologize to Hannah she was defending me.
If I made a mistake then I am man enough to apologize but the young guys may man up to
That me in the red hat

They were trolling?

I wonder if the OP has full knowledge of what ‘skrimpin’ really means?

LoL