Vote to remove Politics from the site

Bob, you never know when to just shut up and sit quietly on your porch.

There is a storm brewing, beware unless you too get your arse soaked in the process.

You should take a break and reflect on what it is here at CF you value and if its worth your continued insolence.

Really

2 Likes

Whereā€™s the shun you were begging for?

I think your chances of getting the boot much better than mine

1 Like

Yes, I would.
Any worthwhile site controls its poster content with strictly enforced
rules. CF does not appear to have any such; and if they do, they are not
enforced. For example, ā€œAmerican Spectatorā€ shut down its Comments Section entirely a while ago when it got out of control. It was later reopened with strictly
enforced rules which have proved successful.
Rule enforcement is not some sort of Free Speech violation. Private sites are free to control postings.
Many of the posters on CF ā€œPoliticsā€ would be banned from posting on a well run site if they behaved the way they do here. That would not only include our
ā€œUsual Suspectsā€ but also others whose comments are not vicious but
simply inane.
With properly enforced rules, our politics posters would not be allowed to spew
their nastiness on other CF boards.

1 Like

Well said sir. I concur 100%

Maybe @snickers and @flowerbits will read this and take note.

If I had a set of keys to this olā€™ jalopy I think Iā€™ could have her running like that car Robert Mitchum drove in Thunder Road.

Sheā€™d purr like a sewing machine, I can assure you of that.

(this is the part where you imagine me leaving with the tires smoking and gravel slinging. Not much on this earth I like better than smelling rubber burn on asphalt and a pretty gals sigh)

just some random thoughts from

Your Pal
EF

If a frog had wings

1 Like

Did you mean to say

American Thinker disables its comment section

I found this on Freespoke, a new search engine that doesnā€™t censor viewpoints and respects privacy. Check it out: Freespoke.com

Itā€™s a good read regardless and their reaction sounds similar as the community helps police the baddies.

My issue is, if you post anything about 2020 election fraud we already have the government colluding with social media to disregard the 1st amendment so why is anyone in favor of mission creep on here

Just block ignore them, thatā€™s the very simple tool the owners gave you

Thanks for your understanding

There are lots of discussion about ā€œstrict rulesā€ and how people throw flags because others violate these ā€œrulesā€ā€¦ Their whole argument for flagging others for no good reason is ā€œrulesā€ violationsā€¦

Well, here is the precursor to the ā€œrulesā€ in the FAQs which explicitly states there are no ā€œrulesā€ but ā€œguidelinesā€ which are different in nature and intent:

This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion

Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource ā€” a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.

These are not hard and fast rules. They are guidelines to aid the human judgment of our community and keep this a kind, friendly place for civilized public discourse.

Therefore, how are certain folks getting flagged based on the explanation they are breaking the ā€œrulesā€ā€¦ Kinda messes up the arguments that have been made by certain folks that the ā€œrulesā€ need to be strictly followedā€¦

Thunder Road :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Love that flick! Had a '57 Ford just like Mitchumā€™s. It was pretty quick-not as fast as his though.
Further to my last.
As to free speech, Facebook, Twitter etc censor whomever they please for whatever reason; and they are public companies!!

EF-you brought back memories of a trip a friend of mine took many years ago in myā€™57.
Returning late in the evening thru the Blue Ridge Mountains to UVa from a girls school, we were smoking cigars, drinking wine reviewing the events of the evening-having a fine time. My friend was driving.
We stopped just outside Charlottesville-pulled into a parking lot.
State Trooper pulls in beside us. ā€œOpen the window!ā€ Jack did-Staty recoils it
the stink! Pulls Jack out and arrests him. ā€œI clocked you guys at 110mph-had trouble keeping up!ā€ Tells drunken me to drive home. Takes Jack to jail.
No DUI in those days. I got home, we bailed Jack out-end of story.
Crazy days back then. Country was free. No PC.
Jackā€™s gone now-became a successful dentist; I finished as a senior banking officer
Maybe it helps to be a bit crazy:)

Shouldnā€™t the above posts be flagged for being ā€œoff topicā€ based on the rules that we donā€™t haveā€¦

No-just a little story to show how free we were from controlling politics back in the day.

Understood, but based on how certain folks are flagged this would qualify, and thatā€™s my pointā€¦ It would be silly to flag it, but technically it was off topicā€¦

Did you see my post above about the ā€œrulesā€ here as stated?

@sternline

What do you call the male version of a Karen?

ā€¦just sayinā€™

The CFC janitorā€¦ :rofl:

Can you comment on Facebook colluding with the government to suppress 1st amendment rights of Americans to voice concerns or evidence of 2020 election fraud?

Thanks

Sure could tell this story in a ā€œpublic parkā€.
If Jack and I were to do this today, my car would be surround by half a dozen cops dressed as Stormtroopers with guns ready to kill at the slightest
provocation.

Yep, and thatā€™s why I stated itā€™d be silly to flag it like others do just to get folks bannedā€¦

On the over policing topic:
Letā€™s be realā€¦ How would that have turned out if either of you drivers had killed an innocent person(s)ā€¦ Would you be telling this story here if you had killed someone? Just something to think aboutā€¦

Certain folks argue about how bad the police and regulations are until they are on the other side of it, and then they all of a sudden, they are for itā€¦ How about if your child, or other family member(s) were killed by the same type of irresponsible actions?

Guess law and order are like the old sayingā€¦ An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cureā€¦

Also, are you for defunding the police based on your comments?

1 Like