What I Just Ate

somebody’s going to be eating good…

Yesterday’s pork belly will cure till next weekend and then I’ll smoke it to 150, cool it overnight, then slice it into more maple/garlic/rosemary bacon

After a hearty breakfast I’m off to try to clear the domestic punch list so I can get the smoker hot for today’s trifecta

Stay tuned

1 Like

Domestic punch list,…
That’s a good one.

Ya gotta tell us the difference between the nut and butt rub! LOL.

That Bacon looks fantastic. Might be a little travel for you, but maybe give Rizer’s a call and see how much they are charging for Pork Belly. If you decide to get some, go on a Saturday and try their most fantastic buffet. Sometimes gets a little crowded, but you can not beat it. Also their Steak Night is great. In the Lodge / Ashton area off hwy 641.

I heard you could debone a boston butt and use it???

https://rizersporkandproduce.com/

I’m a sucker for a country buffet!

I messed with both these recipes till I got what I liked. Smoked pecans are supposed to be reminiscent of both dry rub and holiday spice without being at all like the candied, baked variety

Ribs went on an hour ago, nuts only take about 45 in heavy smoke, gotta shake them around every 10-15 to get them evenly toasted

Costco has the pork bellies for $4/lb, which is where the 4lbs of pecans came from too

And then last on the list is just a dozen plain boiled eggs that will go on low temp as the coals are dying out later till they’re a nice color. Made an egg salad out of some 2 weeks ago that was killer on thick cut white bread

Smoked hard boiled eggs…
Sounds interesting/good.

Thanks smoke king. I’m heading up to the store!

Thanks for that Barbawang. On the country Buffet, that place is probably the best I’ve ever been (not counting Chinese buffet joints) for a 100 miles. No I’ll change that to anywhere in the U.S. i’ve ever been. The only place I’ve ever put a fried pork chop on my plate that I couldn’t eat. I wrapped it in a napkin and hid it in my pocket. Even after our big afternoon hunt, I was still too full to eat it.

Never had a yellow honeydew before.
Google it apparently this one’s not ripe yet. From what the videos say you should be able to rub your finger back and forth and it should squeak.

I think there’s a very unique and inviting smell to a smoked egg

Ribs are coming off momentarily, then I’m watching Mad Max Fury Road since it was recommended.

OTC I love me some melons (even when they’re not in pairs), where’d you get that one?

[quote=“barbawang, post:1179, topic:94625”]
love me some melons (even when they’re not in pairs),
[/quote] I second that…
Sam’s club on Hilton Head.
Also got a cantaloupe. It is real good probably get finished off tonight.

I don’t know what in the world happened with my quot…

I think I pass on the Mickey D’s casserole

What a terrible waste of already crappy food. They should have to eat every bit of that 80,000 calories

We all know what ribs look like, mine are crusty from the 8hrs, cider spray, and second rub after unwrapping

Looking at ribs is kind of like mentally brushing my teeth after McNightmare vid

Ewh! Good Grief! That’s gross, I couldn’t watch it all, nAusEateD, ThiNk I’m gOin’
tWo loOse Mye laUncH, IF’n aye dOn’T make it bAcK lIVinG , A=liVe froM BaTHroOm ,
BaN TicToK, BaN tIcTOK, ban tic tok… ban tik tok, gasp

Got to have a nice crust / bark…

The wife had a couple chicken wings the guys cooked last weekend. She said they were the best she ever had.
She told them she’d buy if they cook.

Had to go to Park’s for some pickup parts took a slight detour back to the Mater Shed

Got the same thing cuz it’s always great!

1 Like

That looks really good… Should finish Hilton Head in a week – 10 days depending on weather. Get up with you and go eat some lunch.

:+1: I bet you forgot whose turn it is to pay for lunch :joy: