What I Just Ate

They have great she crab soup there. That and a grilled cheese sandwich is all you need.

1 Like

1 Like

Muy caramba! Los pollos?! Por favor…muy hambriento

Now to teach him not to crap on the floor.

I mentioned cooking Beaver Tacos on Walterboro thread. Almost done. My son is doing it and trust me, he is a good cook.

It’s Birria Tacos, with Beaver vs other meat. Check this out.

NN

For some reason, the women wanted fish, lol. Using shoulder and hind quarter for this. When he seared those pieces in bacon fat, wow, smelled like beef. Will see.

NN

Oh wow is all I can say. Taste just like beef. Long story, but check out vid.

NN

I have never eaten possum, raccoon and beaver has never crossed my mind.
I thinned down the Coon population a couple winners. I would carry them to a guy up the road, skin them for meat.
Then I would carry them a couple miles down the road. And another old fellow will give me $8 -$10 a piece.

1 Like

Stalecracker has some pretty cool videos. this guy knows how to cook and make it funny. His two step seasoning is pretty good… sort of like old bay but I think better.

Here’s how he did a raccoon.
https://www.tiktok.com/@stalekracker/video/7196759587138309422

Haven’t had coon in 40 years, my grandmother would put it in a pressure cooker then de-bone and put in a skillet with a little bacon grease, onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Then put it over rice or use as sandwich meat.

2 Likes

That old boy is hilarious.
He turns out some pretty good seafood.

1 Like

That’s cool, I’d dive in! I had beaver once and thought it was great. Only ate bear once or twice and thought it was a lot like that. Meant to ask earlier in the trapping thread if you were eating them

Bacon slabs to be cooled and sliced tomorrow

Last football game for a while!

Not much on oysters.
But that soup. Oh yeah!
And for them little piggy slabs. I could wipe them out in a day.

Retired Marine master sergeant just hooked me up.
Venison summer sausage. 1 package has jalapeno cheese the other pepper jack.

The grumpy goat on James Island. I highly recommend. You need an appetizer plus three tacos or you need four tacos. You’re welcome.

https://grumpygoatcantina.com/

That’s a chorizo and something taco, blackened tuna, and fried goat cheese with pickled something good in there. Left to right.

I’ll have the blackened something with extra something on top!

Just drove past there a minute ago and saw a sign that said $4 margs all day… but can’t remember which day. Tuesdays I think, taco time!

I’m moving in on your territory. :wink: