What I Just Ate

???

Mexican cole slaw

Its a mix you can get with cabbage and a few packs of spices you put together just before serving.

The other thing is a black bean enchilada

1 Like

The wife gets something similar. That’s why I was asking. good stuff

Man, you guys are killing it.

https://twitter.com/lchfRD/status/1670379450410881025?s=20

Just like they did with Hershey’s it’s now fat free

I like the real thing

I want sugarcane not corn syrup

Lambs eat oats

And does eat oats

And little lames eat ivy

A kid’ll eat ivy too

Me, I’m a fan of beef

Remember the 8.99lb porterhouse steaks we talked about in Bonzos Bargains a couple weeks ago?

Dry aged, lets give em a spin, whatcha say?

1 Like

HT scam, lol. T-bone, but still great price and mouth watering…how do you dry age store bought steaks??

NN

That looks delicious EF, but that aint no porterhouse. I’m with DoubleN, how do you dry age yours?

I salt them heavy, both sides with kosher salt. Then a good dose of coarse ground black pepper, see the pics. Then just a splash, maybe a teaspoon or so per pound, of worchester

I know adding the Worcester isnt exactly dry aging, but its what I do.

Nothing else, anything else is counterproductive.

Then vacuum pack them and put in the back of the fridge for a few weeks, up to a month or so.

Aging really is just letting the meat degrade, much like hanging a deer a few days.

The salt and pepper part go thru osmosis, in that you arent putting salt on the meat, rather its IN the meat.

Try it my way and if its not one of the best steaks youve ever had Ill gladly refund you double what you payed for my super secret steak recipe.

Besides, Im really here for the sizzle anymore, you boys take care of the steak.

bon appetite

Theres a filet on there, its just small. Really, really small.

What do you want for $8.99 these days?

When you vacuum seal meat like you did it`s called wet aging not dry. Also, the only difference between porterhouse and t bone is the size of the fillet opposite the strip steak. Porterhouse is mandated to be 1.25 inches min on the fillet size. That looks like a t bone to me. Regardless of all that, it looks great.

U
I’m having to fend for myself this week. Daughter sick so she’s in Georgia babysitting.
I don’t know what they seasoned the fried corn with. But it is o so good

That corn does look good

Its leftover night here, cleaning out the fridge of last weekend

Oh that’s a good one…

Yeah we’re big on leftovers.
That’s my lunch most days

I think I see stretch marks when I zoom in…hahaha. Don’t be cheating,lol.

EF, no need to verify your nugget.

Y’all make me hungry, nonstop…

NN

small fillet = T bone… Big fillet = porterhouse. Just so you know. sorry I didn’t have a tape measure handy, but it is 1 3/4" thick and recently picked up. I’m guessing fillet side is just shy of the N.Y. strip side. Put a little more fat in the burger this time around. 90% lean is great for tacos, chili, and spaghetti, but it makes crappy hamburgers on the grill.

BLT and gazpacho, picking 4 kinds of tomatoes right now

Don’t know what kind the orange cherries are, but all agree they are about the sweetest we’ve ever tasted

3 Likes

Looks fantastic. The grands eat our Cherry tomatoes like candy! Got to love a good BLT. I favor toasted rye or soft smushy butter bread.