What I Just Ate

1 Like

Haha, EF’s foolin’ y’all, and y’all beez taken it like those old catfish photos…

You skin them cats? That’s some fine eating right there.

1 Like

I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn.haha

Nice stuff for sure!

I want to see Ef post up a pic of some walleye.

Them skrimps make my mouth water OTC. I vote that barbawang has the purtiest plates.haha

They are more of a fall thing around here.

Taco night

Muy Bueno Amigo

I love me some enchiladas too

1 Like

1 Like

Oh I like me some biscuits and gravy.
You only cook 3 or 4 pieces of bacon that’s just a tease.

1 pack of bacon. 1 serving ¡¡¡

1 Like

How do you keep the gravy so white? What’s the secret? I start cool and get warm with the milk but mine almost always turns more brown than that!

Leave the grease behind after cooking pig meat.

Most people stir the flour into the grease and then add milk, but here’s your workaround…

Put milk, flour, and salt into a container with a lid and shake the RBF out of it until mixed well,no lumps. Wait to the very end to pepper.

Pour into the hot grease and stir.

Its the flour overcooking in the grease that gives it the brown, some folks like that.

Use the same ratio of flour to milk as normal,maybe just a smidge more flour, not much.

Stir with a fork to smash out any remaining tiny lumps of flour

Thicken over medium heat

Pepper last

1 Like

Sounds like an old hillbilly recipe. In East Tennessee it didn’t count as gravy unless it had some sausage crumbled into it. I make mine not perfect white but with a tan. Enjoy your notes EF!

1 Like

Ms Fisher ate the other half of the bacon and the first two eggs, she says the biscuits and gravy make her arse look big

2 Likes

@natureboy

Remember Tennessee Pride?
Its not an Odom thing now, not nearly the same

Oh yes. It was the best before they messed up a good thing.

EF. I have been in that plant when Dickson Odom owned it The recipe was simple : the correct proportion of fat to lean and spices. That’s it! Conagra purchased it from Mr Odom around 2010 or there about. Conagra is well named because they cheapen everything and are quite deceptive. The consumer sees that the package looks the same but the product is not . The previous simple ingredient list is long with fillers and a few that are disgusting like tripolyphosphate. That acts like an antibiotic to keep bacteria in check and carrageenan that makes water almost a solid to add weight. Along with textured soy protein A filler. And food color to hide the water.

Tennessee pride was a great product , unadulterated and delicious but today its what is called a “me too” product in the industry’.