Annual CharlestonFishing.com member's oyster roast

URGENT URGENT

Does anybody else coming tomorrow live in the Summerville area near Sangaree? We might have hit a snag getting oysters to the event. If anybody lives near Paul and could pick them up tomorrow morning we could use a little help. It is 11 bushels total.

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I don’t live far from there, I’ll get one of my boys to bring them over if you want.I would like to go but I’m too broke down.

Will show for a little while and pay fore the oysters.

Stonoman

thanks everybody but we have it all under control now…plan is still for oysters to be coming off hot at 11AM tomorrow…dress warm and bring your smile…see y’all there!

Bad news,I will not be able to attend. After having swelling and pain in my right hand for a week I went to the dr. and was diagonosed with gout, and was given a med this morning which made me sick as hell! I cant stand up with out falling over. I hoped it would get better but as now it hasn’t. Just canceled my hotel res. If I am any better in the AM I will try the 3 hr drive. PM to mdaddy and bonzo

I’ve never been to one of these because they usually conflict with a trade show I usually do. I would enjoy meeting all! Will somebody sell me a few oysters? When I was younger I shucked by myself Now I’m older and I need glasses but I’ll shuck in front of anyone! Capt Carl ( Natureboy)

boatpoor, returned your PM…we’ll miss seeing you, hope you feel better…

natureboy, come on and I’m sure we’ll find some oysters for you…from one Carl to another, welcome friend!

Thanks - what time does everyone show up?

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Bad news,I will not be able to attend. After having swelling and pain in my right hand for a week I went to the dr. and was diagonosed with gout, and was given a med this morning which made me sick as hell! I cant stand up with out falling over. I hoped it would get better but as now it hasn’t. Just canceled my hotel res. If I am any better in the AM I will try the 3 hr drive. PM to mdaddy and bonzo

Dang it. Was looking forward to seeing you there.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

quote:

Tighten up and stop eatn shrimps and peanuts. I’m giving you’re pie to natureboy. I’ll get you another…those peacans ought to be alright with gout. Tough getting old…better than the alternative. We’ll be talking about you.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

I’ve never been to one of these because they usually conflict with a trade show I usually do. I would enjoy meeting all! Will somebody sell me a few oysters? When I was younger I shucked by myself Now I’m older and I need glasses but I’ll shuck in front of anyone! Capt Carl ( Natureboy)

That’s why I got 3 bushels. I’m glad you are coming and you get boatpoors pie. His loss you’re gain. Your welcome to all you can eat…faster than my kids. We gonna have some fun.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

BONZO

You lucked out.There coulda been a riot. Frye Festival kinda thing. Coulda turned into a Bonzo Roast and you’re cat litter buckets looted. Whew.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

Thanks - what time does everyone show up?

my plan is for the first oysters to be ready at 11AM so come a little earlier if you want and wear your big boots, cause chit gets deep out there by 11…we’ll cook and chat and laugh and tell stories and cook until everybody s either cold, drunk, tired, full, mad, sick, or all three :))

Carl, due to a slight “glitch”, we’ll be there closer to noon.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I don’t know about y’all…but I had a great time. Good people, good oysters said hey to some names without faces and even got a pie from Mdaddy. What a great day. Thanks everybody.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

thank you to all who made this possible…lots of smiles and laughs and a few oysters too…love you guys…

Sure hate I missed it! Hope some one has some pictures and will post some! Hope some one got my pie and are enjoying it

We too had a wonderful time and it was good to see those there.
What a pretty day it was too.
Got my pie too and just had a piece with coffee…deeeliciois!!

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

When my gout flares up, I drink some pure Knudsen cherry juice,good luck boatpoor. I know my gout will get worse when I start eating the Shad and roe.haha

quote:

Sure hate I missed it! Hope some one has some pictures and will post some! Hope some one got my pie and are enjoying it

I would have enjoyed meeting you! And your pie was great!

It was a really fun time!